Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2016, 04:49 AM   #1
08montana

Question Hydraulic fluid leaking

When I opened my 5er this year I noticed the slides were not operating just right, a little sluggish and the motor never developed the expected resistance and last slide never locked into place. On investigation I found reservoir low and fluid leaking from belly pan. I dropped the pan refilled the reservoir and operated the slides several more times this time NO LEAK! WHAT? OK, maybe a dry seal? Now what concerns me is what will happen next and when is it likely to happen. Preventive measures? Any has anyone experienced this? Thoughts, ideas welcome, thanks
08montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
bobbecky

Not able to provide any assistance without knowing what you are working with. Need model info and what systems are leaking.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:31 AM   #3
08montana

Hi Bob

It's the hydraulic slide sys in an 08 Montana Big Sky. Leak was in the LR slide area. I'm still working out the air bubbles in the reservoir, but I am not losing any more fluid. Going the Disney next month with the Grands, just hoping I won't have any problems while there. But just in case, if I have complete hyd failure, can I get the slides back in manually?
08montana is offline   Reply With Quote