Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2022, 12:32 PM   #1
GoingPlaces

Roof Repair

While pulling through a tree infested campsite, one of those sneaky and nasty branches reached out and tore my membrane roof.

From reading the sales brochure and speaking to the dealer, it appears my roof is Alpha systems "Flex" not "Superflex". Has anyone had to repair this material?

I was lucky enough to have a fellow camper give me some Eternabond tape, for which I am Eternally Grateful. Although that seemed to work well, I want to consider a more permanent repair.

I cannot find any documentation about the "Flex" material and repair. The Alpha Systems customer service person stated the Flex and Super Flex are indeed different materials and use different adhesives and repair methods. She also said it was probably a dealer repair. I'd hate to pay the dealer big bucks if I can do it myself.

All of the repair kits and materials say they are for SuperFlex. I'd like to find out more about the "Flex" material.

Thanks in Advance

Keystone Cougar 2021 25rdswe
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 01:16 PM   #2
RMC-318BR

Sounds like you already did a permeate repair. That tape isn’t coming off unless the roof comes with it
RMC-318BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:23 AM   #3
hawghauler

I'm not familiar with proper adhesive you must research and obtain the adhesive and a section of material large enough to extend 8 inches past all damages clean existing membrane with approved cleaner for the substrate as well as the patch this is generally a contact adhesive use a roller work out any imperfections then use lap seal around the repair

As the man above stated the eternabond is already up there so how old is the camper a new membrane is about 10 bucks a foot I reccomended replacing vents skylights etc with membrane as they age fairly quickly in the sun
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 12:42 PM   #4
travelin texans

Get a tube of Dicor self leveling caulk, it's approved for most all roof membranes, & seal the edges of the Eternabond, this is about as permanent as you'll find short of entire membrane replacement. Your insurance may cover a replacement roof if that's the repair you choose.
There are spray on types such as Rv Armor or Flex Armor that are guaranteed for life to any/all owners, but aren't a DIY project. If I were in need of a roof replacement one of these would be my choice & never worry about roof issues again.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof, roof repair