Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 05:53 PM   #41
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldbak View Post
And I still haven't gotten an answer.......hello Montana club
Unfortunately once members of this forum have been locked on by the TV Payload tractor beam you will never get your questions answered. If I had first hand knowledge I’d help… but alas I just read these threads and shake my head.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:05 PM   #42
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
And I still haven't gotten an answer.......hello Montana club
Your original question(s) were answered early on by myself and other members...maybe they didn't register?? The question of weight comes up when obvious mismatches between the TV and trailer are obvious as your's will be and as I mentioned....after I answered your original question.

I'm a member of the Montana Owners Forum as well, and yes, I figure you will like it there better. They don't concern themselves much with weights/payload etc. best I can/could tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
Unfortunately once members of this forum have been locked on by the TV Payload tractor beam you will never get your questions answered. If I had first hand knowledge I’d help… but alas I just read these threads and shake my head.
As mentioned above the OPs original questions were answered in multiple ways right off the bat. I suppose the reason that "tractor beam" gets locked on is because many of these folks have been around long enough to get to see that "payload factor", ignored, leave folks and trailers strewn all over a highway. Just hope to prevent that from recurring with new folks that apparently don't have any idea. Many of us didn't grow up in a required "safe space".
Old 01-28-2022, 07:27 PM   #43
flybouy
Site Team

"No doctor I'm not aware of a cancerous looking mole on the back of my neck. I came here for a runny nose. Now give me an antibiotic and shut up." Okydokey!
Old 01-28-2022, 07:33 PM   #44
travelin texans

(QUOTE)… but alas I just read these threads and shake my head.[/QUOTE]

So that means you're nodding in a agreement with the "tractor beam" weight discussions or side to side thinking what's wrong with these people that bringing up weights?
If you see some knucklehead with their selfy stick backing towards the edge of the Grand Canyon are going say something or not?
Myself, & others here, with that "tractor beam" mentality that read someone about to get themselves in a bind attempting to tow too much rv with too little truck feel obligated to point the issue out, whether that person does anything about the issue is totally up to them, as is the responsibility for any collateral damages that may occur.
Replacement undetermined
Old 01-28-2022, 07:33 PM   #45
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
"No doctor I'm not aware of a cancerous looking mole on the back of my neck. I came here for a runny nose. Now give me an antibiotic and shut up." Okydokey!
I would bait the site team a little more but I’ve already been warned…. I truly hope you warn every smoker you see about the risks of their actions, and if they are close to another human the risk the pose to everyone else… especially if this smoker happened to ask you how to retract their awning…

Sorry, just pointing out the difference between internet and real world.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:36 PM   #46
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
(QUOTE)… but alas I just read these threads and shake my head.
So that means you're nodding in a agreement with the weight discussions or or side to side thinking what's wrong with these people that bringing up weights?[/QUOTE]

Technically…. “Yes” to both.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:54 PM   #47
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essvar View Post
I would bait the site team a little more but I’ve already been warned…. I truly hope you warn every smoker you see about the risks of their actions, and if they are close to another human the risk the pose to everyone else… especially if this smoker happened to ask you how to retract their awning…

Sorry, just pointing out the difference between internet and real world.
One would be wise to heed the warning. Good things don't come to those who bait (unless they're fishing).... There's no fishing allowed in this thread, so ...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 01-28-2022, 08:12 PM   #48
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
One would be wise to heed the warning. Good things don't come to those who bait (unless they're fishing).... There's no fishing allowed in this thread, so ...
Thank you. Site team point has been noted.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:10 PM   #49
rhagfo

Quote:
Thanks for everyone's input. The original question was regarding the quality of the Montana verses another brand of fifth wheel as this is my last purchase at 64. I pulled the trigger on the Montana 295RL High country.

I appreciate all of the input from the weight police. I've talked to multitudes of people that pull with this truck and all are happy. I've even spoken to two RV transporters that use the same 2020 2500HD and both had nothing but good to say. I went so far as to test drive my buddy's GMC towing a toy hauler and I was completely comfortable.

At the end of the day I'm not financially prepared to upgrade both truck and trailer so I'll be sure and notify you when passing through your town.
Well you chose the lighter of the two units, but still not a great match. Do yourself a big favor, once you have the new 5er loaded for a trip, battery, full propane, food, lawn chairs, bbq, and clothing. The TV loaded with hitch all passengers and anything else, head to the scales. Weigh the whole rig, getting front, rear, and trailer axle weights, then disconnect and get front and rear truck axles.
We have also not asked or have you stated front and rear axle ratings. Once you choose to exceed GVWR, you need to pay close attention to rear axle weight.

When I had our 2001 Ram 2500 with camper package I didn’t need or had air bags, even at 1,700# over GVWR as I was still within the 6,084# rear axle rating.

I do know our 5er with a 2,700# pin and me DW and hitch would have your truck over GVWR.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
Old 01-29-2022, 03:04 AM   #50
notanlines

I believe this horse has been led to water....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
Old 01-29-2022, 07:30 AM   #51
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I believe this horse has been led to water....
Yep. And since it's a horse, not a 3 day camel and we don't have bricks to make it a 5 day camel..... Thread closed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread

Tags
upgrade