Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2020, 04:42 AM   #61
jimborokz

Our 5er has washer dryer prep. We don't have a washer but there are water lines to that location, capped off. Haven't seen anything on this here. Can water get up in those lines? Should I blow them out also, I use the air method.
Also if I turn on water pump while running air will air get in there and remove residual water?
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:59 AM   #62
WNY Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
Our 5er has washer dryer prep. We don't have a washer but there are water lines to that location, capped off. Haven't seen anything on this here. Can water get up in those lines? Should I blow them out also, I use the air method.
Also if I turn on water pump while running air will air get in there and remove residual water?
I would connect a short hose to each fitting and blow them out to be safe.
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:03 AM   #63
German Shepherd Guy

We just got back from our New Mexico adventure and the bottom fell out of the temperature here last night. Luckily got in on Saturday evening and had Sunday to winterize. Everyone was aware that the temps were going from 60 to -1 Sunday to Monday so when I looked I only had two gallons of antifreeze. Went to town (our town has a population of 500) and all the antifreeze had been bought and back ordered. So I blew out all the lines, drained the HWH, bypassed it and put what I had into the lines. I worked with my coat off on Sunday, highs in the 60s. Monday am, we woke to 12 inches of snow and a -1 temp. Today it will be sunny but the high is expected to be 25. So glad I had at least two gallons. Ran it through all the lines and hopefully enough in the drains. Going to the "city" on Thursday and plan to buy more then but have my fingers crossed that I was able to do what I could.

John originally convinced me that you should do both, blow out the lines and pink stuff.
I am now a big believer in that.

By Friday the highs will be back to the 60s and the lows in the 30s. I will find out then if my two gallons were enough. I have my fingers crossed.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:16 AM   #64
JDDilly

I use and adapter the goes into where your fresh water hose is connected and connects to my compressor hose. Set the compressor to 40lbs, I then go around and open every faucet (hot and cold) and the low point valves. I do this 3 or 4 times making sure no water is coming out. I then out antifreeze down the drains so the traps have antifreeze and not water in them. You also need to blow out you black tank rinse port in the same way.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:52 AM   #65
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
To answer your question..... If the washer/dryer prep has faucets then own them when you winterized. If it's a pipe with a nonremovable cap then I wouldn't be concerned.

As for your water pump no, air will not back feed into it. There is a check valve that prevents water from the city water to back flow thru the pump and fill the FW tank. The only way to ensure the pump doesn't freeze is to run antifreeze thru it.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize