Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2022, 08:23 AM   #1
Jonathans

Black Tank Flush on 22MLS

I finally picked up my 22MLS. Got a few things that still require adjustment, but my biggest quandry is figuring out what the designers were smoking when they put the black tank flush hose bib on the side of the trailer opposite from the dump valves. Anyone have a clue?
I’ll probably reposition one where it belongs. Is the flusher a Tornado type?
If I were to upgrade the tank flusher what would folks recommend?
Thanks
Jonathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:33 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Placement of the hose connection may be dependent on where the black tank is situated and what else is in the way of moving it to a different place.

Did you look at the trailer BEFORE you bought it? If so did you question the dealership about its placement? I have seen water connections in some strange places over the years.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Mine is that way as well. I think the main reason was convenience. The bathroom sink is on the curb side so the lines conveniently reside in the vanity. I think the second consideration is the spray pattern and gravity. Just seems like it makes sense to have the water originate on one side and drain on the opposite side.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:57 AM   #4
Jonathans

Naturally I knew about the placement of the flush prior to purchase, and the dealers response was “Thats just the way they build them now. The flush hose connection on the outside and the sprayer into the tank are connected by flexible hose, so placement of either is not restricted much.
Jonathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 09:15 AM   #5
travelin texans

Honestly I can't see how it would make much difference, you have to string a seperate hose, hopefully not using your drinking water hose, to it which ever side its on & then sitting by the drain valve. It wouldn't be worth rebuilding the rv to get to the other side in my opinion.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 09:42 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathans View Post
Naturally I knew about the placement of the flush prior to purchase, and the dealers response was “Thats just the way they build them now. The flush hose connection on the outside and the sprayer into the tank are connected by flexible hose, so placement of either is not restricted much.
I think it's restricted by several things that all result in higher cost. While the lines are flexible if there's no convenient place to install it then it means placing it inside a partition wall (like a bathroom wall) or building an enclosure and taking up valuable interior space. When we bought our camper I was a bit irritated bt the curbside location until I read about all the issues with the vacuum break valves leaking. After that information I was grateful that it was inside the vanity where I could monitor it and access it when it fails.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 09:53 AM   #7
NH_Bulldog

What was the date of manufacture? They are constantly switching things around. All the ones I have seen of that model so far have the flush connection inside the docking station next to the water heater and front compartment. Are you saying that your flush connection is on the door side of the trailer outside the bathroom?
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:29 PM   #8
Ksz426

We have a 22mlswe. The toilet is in the right rear corner and the black tank flush is on the passenger side right above the black tank. I assume this is so the water going in will flush out the opposite side.

We use a second black flush dedicated hose, just needed to be a bit longer. :-)

Thanks.
Ksz426 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank