Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2024, 02:42 PM   #1
Michael Gadley

Keystone Cougar 354 FLS

Hi I’m new to this forum I can’t seem to be able to post anything please let me know if this comes through on your end. I purchased a 2023 Keystone Cougar 354 FLS and have had several issues that I have dealt with myself. I have a bigger issue with my Dinette slide hitting the cabinet when slide is in. Also to make matters worse when slide is out I have a gap of 1-1/4” at the top where it is not against the seal. I have researched how I can adjust the slide to drop it down to close the gap at the top but feel it will make matters worse on hitting the cabinet. I feel like this is a flaw with this unit and wonder if anyone else has had this issue ? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Michael Gadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 03:14 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gadley View Post
Hi I’m new to this forum I can’t seem to be able to post anything please let me know if this comes through on your end. I purchased a 2023 Keystone Cougar 354 FLS and have had several issues that I have dealt with myself. I have a bigger issue with my Dinette slide hitting the cabinet when slide is in. Also to make matters worse when slide is out I have a gap of 1-1/4” at the top where it is not against the seal. I have researched how I can adjust the slide to drop it down to close the gap at the top but feel it will make matters worse on hitting the cabinet. I feel like this is a flaw with this unit and wonder if anyone else has had this issue ? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Your post came through fine; next step is to put together a signature with year, make and model of your camper and the same for you tow vehicle. Also fill out your profile. Both are under the UserCP top/left of each page; make sure you save these. I looked at a couple of campers same model as your's is and didn't see an adjacent cabinet by the dinette slide. Take some pictures of the problem and post them. Use the manage attachments function and download from your computer and then save them; they will show up where you leave your cursor. Good luck.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 03:30 PM   #3
Michael Gadley

Thank you !
Old 01-03-2024, 09:31 AM   #4
tallen

Michael Gadley, Can you tell us if your slide is Rack and Pinion Slides or Hydraulic Slides. That would make a difference on the steps to adjust them.
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:26 AM   #5
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:09 PM   #6
Michael Gadley

Hi Tallen I appreciate your feedback It is rack and pinion. Are you by chance in Huntsville Alabama that is where I purchased the unit from ?
Old 01-04-2024, 05:15 PM   #7
Michael Gadley

Thank you spicercars !

Tags
cougar, keystone