Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2020, 07:28 AM   #1
tjkarch60

Backup Camera at Costco

I was in Costco last week and noticed they had a backup camera on sale for $129.99. I decided to get one to replace the old, small one that was in my pickup.
The camera is wireless and solar powered and is a license plate frame type.
The monitor is 6.8" and only needs power from a cigarette lighter. The picture quality is excellent, and you can even adjust the view up and down a few degrees on the fly. Down for hookup and up for on the highway.
I took the camera and walked about 70 feet away from the monitor and it still worked, so I went and got a second camera/monitor. They sell the camera separately for $100, which is only a $30 savings. So for $30 you get an extra monitor.
The camera is solar powered, but has a USB charging port if it runs down.
So for $260 you get 2 cameras and 2 monitors, which is much cheaper than one RV setup.
https://www.costco.com/type-s-6.8%22...100504814.html
tjkarch60 is offline   Reply With Quote