Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2020, 07:10 AM   #1
MatNic

Springdale SG260 - can't find it online

Hi there everyone. New here, so be gentle.

My family and I are looking at purchasing a Springdale Bunkhouse. the model posted next to the door says SG260, but i can't seem to find any info on that model anywhere. I can find 26' bunkhouse info, but I don't think thats it because those specs are around 4400 pounds, but the vin tag he sent me a picture of says its over 7000 pounds.

Like I said, I have the vin info, so I could look it up...if there was such a thing for locating specs based on vin (unless someone knows of a vin look-up I haven't been able to find).

Anybody ever heard of a Springdale SG 260? I manly am looking for exact height, since the place we want to visit the most has a tunnel that I am not sure this camper will fit under!

Thanks for any help ya'll can give!
MatNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I wouldn't worry about the VIN lookup. Is the floorplan inside of the unit and the unit you are looking for the same as the 260BH listed on the Keystone website (and others)? I figure it is. Then what does the sticker say on the left front corner of the trailer as far as unloaded weight and carry capacity? Everything I find for a 260 model Springdale bunkhouse indicates a gvw in excess of 7700lbs. THAT is the number that is real and accurate and the one you need to go by.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:23 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Danny has covered the model number/weight already. What's the height clearance on the bridge you're concerned about? Look at units for sale or the NADA for trailer height.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Another thing that is very important - the year of the trailer. I was assuming new. If not, that has a big bearing on what it is you're looking for.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
Texas Steve

Keystone web site says that the Springdale 260BH is 10'-6" in height.
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatNic View Post
Hi there everyone. New here, so be gentle.

My family and I are looking at purchasing a Springdale Bunkhouse. the model posted next to the door says SG260, but i can't seem to find any info on that model anywhere. I can find 26' bunkhouse info, but I don't think thats it because those specs are around 4400 pounds, but the vin tag he sent me a picture of says its over 7000 pounds.

Like I said, I have the vin info, so I could look it up...if there was such a thing for locating specs based on vin (unless someone knows of a vin look-up I haven't been able to find).

Anybody ever heard of a Springdale SG 260? I manly am looking for exact height, since the place we want to visit the most has a tunnel that I am not sure this camper will fit under!

Thanks for any help ya'll can give!
The year is critical; new or used trailer?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:56 AM   #7
MatNic

thanks for the replies.

It's used...It's listed as a 2019, though he said it is a 2020, built in 2019.

I think you are all correct, given everything I am seeing, as well. I was just concerned because initially my research was saying weight was way lower than what was listed on the vin tag on the trailer. Wasn't taking into account the GVW and "shipped" weight are totally different things. Was trying to use all the known info I had to get the most accurate info i could find. I assumed the VIN was the best way to get the accurate info I needed, but apparently not.
MatNic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale