Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
mytwocents

Scared Away....

I've been looking at upgrading my Jayco TT and have had my eye on the Keystones for about a year now. I've delayed making a purchase for a ton of reasons, but mostly because I struggled with deciding on staying with the TT or moving to a 5th. And, my Jayco TT has given me zero problems making it even more difficult to make a move.

Anyway, while having the Jayco inspected I mentioned to the guys that I was looking at a Keystone. They shook their heads and said I was in for a maintenance nightmare and that if I purchased a Keystone they wouldn't work on it because they refused to deal with Keystone support.

Between what they said, and what I'm seeing on this site, I've sworn off buying a Keystone. I'm just glad I found you guys and that everyone has been so forthcoming with their complaints. I believe it has saved me from making a very large and expensive mistake.

Sooooooo, I'm leaning towards a Fleetwood Prowler TT now and Keystone is totally out of the running. Thanks to all that contributed.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:06 AM   #2
roger

Angry keep buying Jayco

I had a Jayco never leaked or any other problems just needed bigger unit bought a Keystone......... Water leaks and falling apart it's 2.5 months old my Jayco 7yrs and beats workmanship by far. It looks good on the outside but they're not worth the trouble and the support from the company SUCKS! Take your $ and run.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
rock

Exclamation Out of the frying pan......

As GM of a dealership that sells both Jayco and Keystone lines, I would advise that if you think Keystone is going to be a problem then absolutely stay away from Fleetwood.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
roger

scared away?

It isn't the fact that everything that Keystone builds sucks,it's the fact that customer service and backing sucks. Once they sell you the unit the company Does not stand behind the product they sell. And they even make it harder to take care of the problem by playing games instead of mixing the problems. After you spend a lot of money and you find you have problems with the unit it's "well you signed off on the unit when you bought it" that was told to me after I had water leaking in after owning it for a month. This was said by the manufacturer customer service rep and then hung up the phone on me.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
grizzlygiant

You have convinced me---I'm going to purchase a Heartland Sundaance. Heartland services their products!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
happy campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlygiant View Post
You have convinced me---I'm going to purchase a Heartland Sundaance. Heartland services their products!
Man I hope you guys just had some crapy luck! I just bought a 2009 fuzion 302 and used it for about 4 nights for hunting and then winterized it, going to be taking it from Kamloops bc to las vegas in june about 1500miles,If I have any problems I will post them. Bought it from Meridian RV out of 100 mile house bc and they were very good to deal with. Happy campers (hopefully!lol)
Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
Irishvisions

Heartland will absolutely not stand behind their product. We have a Heartland Big Horn that we recently found has major issues with it's structure. Our rv is only 3 years old and the steel plate near the pin (and part of the frame) has broke in half. This, in turn, has caused wall and bedroom slideout damage. We've never taken the rv through rough terrain and have only taken it within a 2 hr radius from our home for weekend camping trips. When we contacted Heartland they told us it is no longer their issue to deal with since it has been 3 years since purchase and it is now up to our extended warranty to cover the damage. Our extended warranty does not want to cover it since they state the warranty coverage doesn't include the frame of the rv and that would be considered a manufacturers defect.
The folks that are repairing our rv said we were very luck to bring it in when we did since it was a good possibility that we could've looked out the rear-view mirror only to see the pin of the trailer still in the hitch and the camper left back on the road. Thankfully no one was hurt or killed from this defect. The repair folks also told us that Heartland does no repairs at their manufacturing location.
Bottom line, when we get this issued fixed with our Heartland, we'll trade it in for an rv whose manufacturer that will stand behind their product. Heartland does not!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
grizzlygiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishvisions View Post
Heartland will absolutely not stand behind their product. We have a Heartland Big Horn that we recently found has major issues with it's structure. Our rv is only 3 years old and the steel plate near the pin (and part of the frame) has broke in half. This, in turn, has caused wall and bedroom slideout damage. We've never taken the rv through rough terrain and have only taken it within a 2 hr radius from our home for weekend camping trips. When we contacted Heartland they told us it is no longer their issue to deal with since it has been 3 years since purchase and it is now up to our extended warranty to cover the damage. Our extended warranty does not want to cover it since they state the warranty coverage doesn't include the frame of the rv and that would be considered a manufacturers defect.
The folks that are repairing our rv said we were very luck to bring it in when we did since it was a good possibility that we could've looked out the rear-view mirror only to see the pin of the trailer still in the hitch and the camper left back on the road. Thankfully no one was hurt or killed from this defect. The repair folks also told us that Heartland does no repairs at their manufacturing location.
Bottom line, when we get this issued fixed with our Heartland, we'll trade it in for an rv whose manufacturer that will stand behind their product. Heartland does not!
I note that you have not shared your story on the Heartland Owners Forum, a very active group. I cannot believe that Heartland has ignored you with out cause; they are the industry's heighest rated manufacturer when it comes to product service.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
Irishvisions

This whole incident has just come to pass in the last 5 days. My husband is a member of the Heartland Owners Forum and is constantly on it. Since I was checking out other manufacturers for the purpose of finding a new coach, I started here. When I found that someone was considering a Heartland, I just wanted to make it perfectly clear that Heartland has stated they do not have any further responsibility to our coach even though the defect is clearly a manufacturers defect. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed we are with this company since we were thoroughly convinced Heartland was the very best, in every aspect, in the industry.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
mikel68

Angry

I'd stay as far away from Keystone as possible. I've dealt with our dealer, keystone and keystone dealer reps. I don't remember who said, they play around with you then don't fix a darn thing, but they are CORRECT. We have 293SAB over 8 MONTHS IN SERVICE. Most recent Nov. 13, 2008 - Feb. 6, 2009. They have the absolutley worst customer service I have experienced in my life. I'd rather have to wait through the return line at Walmart the day after Christmas for a month than deal with these swindlers. They know you bought it, they know if you were loaded with cash you would have bought another brand, so you are STUCK!!

mk
Old 03-25-2009, 04:33 AM   #11
markiv396

Service concerns

We bought a new Keystone product in 2005 and it was actually a good unit except that we had problems with the fridge running when we were dry camping. It would just go off. I had to contact the dealer several times about this issue. It would it seem to work fine a lower elevations. On the third trip to the dealership they finally took a serious look at it and replaced a circuit board that fixed the problem. I did try to to contact Keystone directly when it looked like I was not going to get this resolved by the dealership and that part was painfully. I never really got much from them.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
Flyguy

I know that this post is off the topic of this thread but I just have to say to “Happy Campers” from Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada that Kamloops is the birth place of Jim Chamberlin, a very gifted aerodynamicist, who was largely responsible for the design of the Canadian Avro CF-100 Fighter, the CF-105 Arrow interceptor (way ahead of the time with “fly by wire” controls, full delta wing design, and able to sustain better than Mach 2) and the C-102 jetliner (it would have been the first if it wasn’t for the war). After the Arrow program was cancelled, Jim immigrated to this country, having been recruited by NASA, and played a critical role in the development of the Mercury, Gemini, and the Apollo space vehicles. He helped in a very great way to put a man on the Moon in 1969 and was responsible for the design of the “Lunar Lander” module which he talked NASA into instead of sending the main spacecraft down to the surface of the moon. Chamberlin is thought of by Americans having knowledge of aviation in this country as being “Canada’s gift” to our space program, and I for one am so glad that Kamloops supplied him to the world. OK, I said my piece, now we can get back on topic.
Timbrens
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #13
antiqfreq

Exclamation

To the above post -

HUH???

Anyway, I guess I must be the ONLY one here who likes my Keystone.
Bought my fiver on 2/1/08 and have ZERO problems with it since we
got it.

We go to state parks, COE's, BLM's and private parks. We have NO
complaints whatsoever.......

And if you don't like your camper - get rid of it then!

Jo
Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
Flyguy

I said it was off topic, anyway it was meant for "Happy Campers".
Timbrens
Old 10-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #15
TexasTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiqfreq View Post
To the above post -

HUH???

Anyway, I guess I must be the ONLY one here who likes my Keystone.
Bought my fiver on 2/1/08 and have ZERO problems with it since we
got it.

We go to state parks, COE's, BLM's and private parks. We have NO
complaints whatsoever.......

And if you don't like your camper - get rid of it then!

Jo
No antiqfreq, there are two of us who like our Keystone trailers. Our first was a Keystone VR-1 and I can't recall ever having to have anything fixed on it. We've had our Montana 3475RL for two years and its only had very minor problems and only a couple of those.

I always find it interesting that a few people do have problem (and I do feel sorry for them), but there are so many satisfied Keystone customers out there who you never hear from because they are busy pulling their trailers all around the country and don't have any issues or complaints.

I know I do have a good dealer in Nacogdoches, Texas (RV Station) and its them that keeps me happy I bought Keystone products.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #16
Steersall4

yea Antiq Tex is right I am another and there ARE plenty others who have no complaints abotu Keystone nor their products. s'like ONCE I owned a ford ! it was the sorryiest car I ever had! does that mean all Fords are like it? Hardly!! Yes one tends to develope a following to diff products for one trivial reason or other. I do consider the concept "buy what you build" and so I do. see sig.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
richfaa

This is a a strange forum.Most hack away at Keystone..interesting.. Our Montana is a 3400. Pull it all over the country. Has more than 35K on it.. problems..sure.It's a RV. We have never had a problem with Keystone service in or out of waranty, Just spent a couple of days at the service center in Goshen.. They corrected things I did not know I had a problem with. This is our 5th Rv all different brands. Keystone has ben the best company to work with...We have no complaints
Old 10-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #18
Festus2
Site Team

It is encouraging to read your positive comments about your Montana and the service you have received from Keystone. I would have to disagree with your description of this forum as being "strange" and that most posts "hack away at Keystone". You will find negative comments on this Forum made by some members about their problems and their resulting dissatisfaction with a particular Keystone product. You will find negative comments about other brands on other forums that you visit.

As I have pointed out numerous times, some people use forums like this to vent their anger and frustrations with their RV. It is a convenient avenue as well as having a captive audience. What you don't read or hear about are all those folks who have had little or no trouble with their unit. If you take the time to read the posts, you can find many members who are satisfied with their Keystone and have said so. Again, thank you for expessing your "no complaint" post about Keystone. And I do not work for Keystone - I am not on their payroll or have shares in their parent company.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #19
cpaulsen

I too am another who likes their Keystone.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:10 AM   #20
placergoldman

I have had my Passport 245RB for two years now and the only major problem I had is the front decal is fadding..I guess I have been one of the lucky one and got a good unit...

Tim
Closed Thread