Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
Foy

Question What Should I Try Next?

I appreciate this form and hope this question is asked in a proper manner.

As some are aware my wife and I recently purchased a new Keystone Hornet from a R.V. Dealer in Minnesota.

As the purchase was at the end of the season the camper was delivered and we spent a couple of nights in the unit however we did not use water, toilet, etc as the unit was Winterized.

We have had problems receiving a digital signal on our New Jensen 26 inch television and the built in CD/DVD player makes a racket when playing DVD's.

I expressed my concern to the dealer both via phone and registered letter regarding this issue. Dealer claimed I have to bring the unit back to shop for possible repairs. He also stated that leaves on the trees could be blocking digital signal. I pointed out to the dealer that most leaves in northern minnesota are off the trees this time of year. He then expressed concern about waranty items and the cost of shipping. Dealer then wrote me a letter and stated his repair facility is closed until spring 2011 and I should contact Keystone direct regarding repair questions.

When I spoke to the technician who did the Pre Delivery Inspection he stated for the record he checked tv while in the metal repair facility. He also told me his inspection of the entertainment unit was turn the radio on.

I contacted Keystone RV via a registered letter and expressed my concern. Keystone did return my call. They stated I had to return the unit to the dealer. I tried to no avail to explain to Keystone had the dealer done a proper Pre Delivery Inspection it would not be necessary to return the unit.

I also explained having the unit towed the 22 miles from the campground and return was additional funding out of my pocket. Keystone said nothing they can do as each dealer is Independent and they set their own service policy.

I told Keystone when I have to return the unit. I want a full walk through and I want to make sure all items are working. I also want to test for leaks and insure unit works on both AC and DC.

Keystone told me if I did this dealer can charge me. All these things were done in the Pre Delivery Inspection.

Keystone suggested I try everything at the campground. After a month or so return unit to dealer. With a short camping season and warranty issues from some of the post I have read taking forever I could perhaps expect a short season.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
ptodd47

As far as your digital signal....is your antenae booster turned on?..it is the switch on plate where your cable comes out of the wall.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
Ruffus

Smile Dealer Repairs

Foy
You might try talking to another dealer who's repair factilty is open during the winter. Sometimes talking calmly and nice gets you a long way with other dealers, I speak from experiance. Try taking a crumb cake in with you too, works for my wife.
be prepaired to pay a little something out of your own pocket since some of these items weren't caught during your PDI.
Oh yeh, the TV. I couldn't receive any channels on my TV in certain areas either even with the booster on and after moving the TV from the living room to the bed room it started getting better reception. I put another flat screen in the living room and found that it would sometimes work and in other camp grounds it wouldn't because of signal stringth. You can lose signal from one room to another because of the length of the coax cable just like electricity through a long extension cord. Sometimes I'll get 40 channels in the bedroom and only 27 in the living room.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote