Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Pulln

Just have to say....

I love RVers.

My wife and I had to respond to a family medical crisis this weekend and took my mother-in-law and children down to Sunrise, Fl to help our family out.

We had to book a camp site last minute and essentially played RV roulette. The camp ground was nothing spectacular and if anything was a nightmare because we booked a pull through since we were not going to be there long and when we arrived at 1030 pm found there were no pull throughs.

So as we are surveying the campground for a site we begin to knock on doors to ask people to move cars so we could try to get our 40' Fuzion in. As we made more commotion more people came out and that is when the fun and camaraderie kicked in.

We tried pulling through one site and couldnt get in we tried backing in to it from another direction all to no avail. We then shifted our attention to one remaining site which had vehicles in it. The neighbors moved the cars and we discussed discussed potential vectors for the approach, came to a consensus and proceeded to parking maneuvers in the dark.

This camping stuff is new to me. I have never owned a truck and never camped in anything bigger than family tent well did camp in some Army tents in AFG but I'll save that for another camp fire story. I have never backed a boat in to the water or towed a moving trailer, basically up to this point i have had no experience and had no business doing what I was doing.

But that didn't stop the fine campers of Sunshine RV park not one bit. I had no less than 4 French Canadians and one American plus my wife and son working the ground to guide me through a reverse chicane in to a spot between two large oaks about 20 feet apart.

To say there was a language barrier would be an understatement but all of the aforementioned worked together to work as ground guide in what had to be the most trick back in that I have ever.

My only regret at the end of the night is that I hadn't started RVing sooner.

For all of you folks out there that have helped a struggling RVer I humbly thank you for your acts of kindness and to anyone that might be in need of help one day if I am in the vicinity rest assured I will be there to help.
2010 Yorkshire Terrier (Wife, she is the Alpha)
Pulln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
FullTimer

You're post made me smile lol. Like many here, I try to "pitch" in a hand when needed. I'll be assisting a single lady in a Motor Coach later this week, to insulate her water pipes and wrap things as needed. She's gung ho, but lacks the experience, and I have some lol. We used to camp before my wife got ill. We loved going when others were gone or leaving and off holidays. We would have the whole camp ground to ourselves.

Congrats and welcome to the club lol.
FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:15 AM   #3
PT RV`er

I`ve been there on the helping hand side plenty of times. It`s just what we do I guess. I figure one day I`ll need the help so I always try to help out. BTW, that's a big rig to pull around for the first time, much less trying to back it in in the dark. Glad it all turned out well.

PT RV`er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
Pulln

Online or on the camp ground I know my family and I are in good company with you folks.
2010 Yorkshire Terrier (Wife, she is the Alpha)
Pulln is offline   Reply With Quote