Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Epeckham

2013 sprinter 311bhs needs new roof ?

I bought a brand new 2013 sprinter 311bhs In April and recently noticed leaking inside the unit during a rainstorm. The dealer came and looked at the roof and immediately told me I need a new roof on this new unit. It appears the rubber roof was stretched too tight and is wearing in many areas along the roof side lines. The dealer also stated there are at least 5 areas where it is exposed and most certainly water has leaked into the walls. This brings in mold issues..I am a seasonal camper and would lose several thousand dollars if they take my camper for repairs, not to mention mold and water damage is nearly impossible to completely get rid of. We have had a few other problems that have been fixed but I truly believe keystone should replace this camper.
Epeckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Clanton24v

I agree keystone should replace it. You have not owned it very long.
Clanton24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Epeckham -

Sorry to hear about your roof problem and subsequent damages it has caused. Now that your dealer is aware of the problem and has indicated that you need a new roof, what has been done since he examined it? I would think that the dealer would have contacted Keystone, told them of his findings and recommendations. In talking to the dealer, has there been any discussion about replacing your unit or is he looking at a roof replacement and repair or replacement of walls, etc., caused by leakage.

I think your best bet would be to work with the dealer in getting a replacement and if that isn't going to fly, getting everything else repaired or replaced that is damaged.

I understand your concern about the mold issues but there may or not be any signs yet that mold is present. I don't think you would be able to determine that until they get at those areas where water has come in and check for mold.

Let us know what your dealer is prepared to do for you in working to address this problem. It would be great if he were to go to bat for you and get done what needs to be done. Having to do battle with Keystone on your own isn't a pleasant thought.