Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
mg0427

Shower leaking

Our 2 week old Alpine 3495 is leaking at the bottom of the shower. We live in it full time, so it is very inconvenient to take it back to the dealer. Will Keystone send someone out to fix it if we call them? We have been told not to tell them we live in it full time or they won't fix it, which makes no sense to me. When we called our dealer, they just told us to call Keystone, they were not helpful at all!
mg0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Keystone will not send anyone out to fix your leaking shower. If you did, they would refer you to your dealer who should be the one who is looking after you. I can't understand why they would tell you to call Keystone. Sounds like you are getting the runaround from your dealer. If Keystone were to find out that you are living in your unit full-time, any warranty work will be null and void since there is a statement in your Owner's Manual about their policy regarding the RV and living in it full time. You might want to check your Manual for the correct wording and what Keystone has to say about full-timers.

Is the leak coming from the bottom and leaking out onto the floor or is it leaking underneath the floor into the lower compartments? It might be a simple fix by removing the silicone sealant, cleaning it thoroughly, and reapplying some new caulking.

Is this repair something you might tackle yourself?
Old 07-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
pramey9876

I bought a brand new 2013 Cougar and with the first shower found out that Keystone chaulked the sides but not the bottom. The track was cut poorly at the ends and they leaked as well. I did the silicone job myself rather than deal with the company, they'll make it so much trouble you'll be happier and the job will get done faster if you just do it. Send them a bill, that'll get their attention.
pramey9876 is offline   Reply With Quote