Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
JD Mitchell

Bullet RV

Have had my Bullet RV for a year now. It has stayed in the shop 100 days of that time. Needless to say I was not happy. Leaking roof, cabinets falling off during trip, leak from outside shower-water coming inside of rv under cabinet. This is just a few of the problems. Dealer fixed the roof/replace part of it not all-Keystone would not replace all. My wife fixed the water from outside shower. Dealer fixed some of the other problems. There were many more.
Only took RV out twice and then back to dealer for repairs. Dealer was not helpful-stating that never had that many problems with any Keystone products. Keystone will not anwer e-mails. This unit is a lemon and I am sick of it so yesterday so I traded in for Heartland North Trail. I would never buy Keystone product again. Have had several RV's in the past and never had a leaking anything before. Bought from a large dealer in Katy, TX. thinking they would give good service and I was very wrong. Sales Manager would not return calls either. This is just for reference for anyone buying Keystone Product.
JD Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Your not the only one JD.... The RV community is loaded with "I hate Keystone"
people.
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
antiqfreq

Unfortunately there ARE a few lemons out there - Keystone is NOT the only RV product with problems every now and then.

But if you have visited our forum often enough you can see there are many happy Keystone owners.

I am truly sorry for your bad experience. Happy camping with your new RV!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Pennsylvaniasprinter

There may be other companies that distribute "lemons" . The question is "What does Keystone, the manufacturer, do when a customer gets one of their lemons?" Is the cost of replacing a "lemon" worth the cost of losing customers to a bad reputation?

NOONE knows the frustration and aggravation one goes through when they are the recipiant of a lemon, unless you have "been there and done that".
It gets real old, real fast trying to make lemonaid.
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
DFreiberger

Bbb

I have also seen many disatisfied Keystone owners here on this site. Funny thing about it is that there are many satisfied customers also. It's the old adage that one hundred people can be satisfied and only here feedback from a few. But, you can have one hundred disatisfied customers and you will here from all one hundred. This applies in everything!! Ten great employees and one bad, but you only hear about the one bad one

With that said, I have only owned my TT since August so I really have been able to really make my statement. I just know that I was able to make four camping trips and three dealer repair runs in this short time. As for now, I am fairly pleased so far. My bigest dissapointment is the half-assed repairs by the dealer. FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!

One interesting thing...I was watching 60 minutes the other day. Don't know how many of you may have seen the edition about the better business bureau (BBB). It was truely sad to think the one place we have recourse turns out to be a rip off also. To narrow down what was talked about, businesses get ratings based on services provided and complaints received. They are graded much like school ( A-F). A business can get a bad score and all they have to do is call the BBB and pay a fee to get their grade raised.

I looked up Keystone on the BBB site for Indiana and you will be quite surprised in their outstanding rating. Makes you say Hummmm

http://www.bbb.org/northernindiana/b...en-in-23000532
I can only hope I do not encounter the issues I am reading about from our fellow members. You all are scaring me and have me thinking about getting rid of mine before it is too late.
DFreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

After reading your post, I am left asking myself, why would you want to get rid of your TT based on problems that might happen and also based on the horror stories you have read from some members on this forum?
Some members might be scaring you but not "you all". You seem to acknowledge that there are some members who have had problems - many of them serious - and have been met with frustration and disappointment from Keystone or a dealer. It doesn't matter what you buy or from whom, you will meet people who are dissatisfied with their purchase and just as many who are happy.
You say your are "fairly pleased so far" and the concern you have is with the dealer as much as it is with Keystone.
If, however, you are so put off by what you have read and are worried about what might happen to the point where you simply cannot enjoy your Keystone RV, then you might want to consider getting something else.
I am not trying to talk you into doing anything --- but keep things in perspective. Sometimes, s--t happens to good people and you deal with it as best you can when it does. But in the meantime, why would you want to go around worrying about what might happen?
Excuse the rant.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
Outbackmel

Add to Festus2 comment

S _ _ T does happen. I "liken" Keystone to my Bayliner boat experiences. More boat for the money....people criticized my purchase....many years of GREAT experiences with the family and small issues which I needed to correct. Looking for many fine FUN times with my 2011 5er Outback and wish the best to other owners. My dealer is 500 miles north and of no use to me. IF I had a MAJOR, MAJOR problem, you can bet I would contact the manufacturer and drag or flat bed that problem HOME. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!! Never settle for dissatisfaction. Mass produced items will have potential problems. Just ask AMF regarding their takeover of Harley-Davidson years ago....drove them to their knees....much more high tech machines today. Joke was: if HD made a plane, would you fly in it. In 1989, HE_ _ no! 2011, Yep.......
It is not my intention to make light of anyone with a serious issue, just state, TAKE THE NECESSARY ACTION, legal or otherwise to resolve it.
HAPPY CAMPER
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #8
DFreiberger

I realize s__t happens. I also realize that some dealers are different then others. Many of the complaints we read have to do with owners not happy with their dealers and not able to get support from Keystone.

I bought my unit because I liked what I was getting for the price. I compared many different brands of TTs and in comparison, felt Keystone offered a pretty good product with a reasonable price.

My wife and I are quite pleased with our TT. Fortunately, we have not had anything major go wrong and will see how things go over the next couple years.

I am also sure that not everyone is dissatisfied with their Keystone. In fact many love them. My skeptisism comes from the negative inputs which can run like the plague. My fault for allowing this to happen.
DFreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote