Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

With that kind of "dealer" (term used loosely) you may have a point in waiting. It's really a shame to have to feel that way about someone you're paying to do a service that the factory indicates should be included in the warranty.

If you'd like, I'm sure other members would like to know the dealer's name and city. It would then be up to them to decide whether to shop there or pass on by.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #22
KenBob

The dealership where we purchased our RVs has brochures from the manufacturers which have "Buy Local" statements on them. The statements were not added by the dealer. Our dealer was up front about the reasons to "Buy Local". Warranty repairs were the main reason. RV dealers are not like car dealers. It likely won't pay in the long run to drive 200 miles to save $2000 on an RV just to find out the dealer 5 miles away won't fix it under warranty. New buyers should do homework and ask questions of the dealer(s) prior to signing. JMHO
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
Brantlaker

The Dealer has a Sales Agreement with Keystone they are not a Franchise Dealer which under most State Laws require that they do warranty work on what they sell. A good dealer will do warranty work even if they will lose money on it just to keep a customer. I worked for a car dealership at one time that did not want warranty work done in shop and they spent a lot of money to get customers to the showroom. The last dealership I worked in we looked for work advertising that we would do warranty work wherever they bought there car/truck. and the shop made a lot of Money which is the name of the game.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #24
Pmedic4

Driving Distance and repair warranty or not

My wife and I had bought a TT, a particular model my wife found - not Keystone, and I don't think it matters, from a dealer about 200 miles away. Of all stupid things, the bathroom vent fan burned up the first week we had the trailer. Of course, I could have taken it the selling dealer, but that sure didn't make sense because the part probably costs about $15, and to tow the trailer 400 miles round trip would have cost me about (10 mpg, $3.50 per gallon, 40 gallons) $140. The manufacturer said there was a dealer about 140 miles away, so great, I could save $30.
Ended up talking with the manufacturer customer service, the guy sent me the part, and I fixed in about 15 minutes.

I told my wife I would never buy an RV from a dealer so far away again!

So, this time I bought a Keystone from a dealer 100 miles away - Now I need to see if that makes sense.
But we can do 100 miles, we liked the Cougar, and they were the closest dealer.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:29 AM   #25
robo

I know i am late to this but this is what i would have done
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-HI-RISE-KI...item51aa32866c

Or what about contacting keystone ask them to send parts they might have if u took pics and sent back old parts
robo is offline   Reply With Quote