Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by x96mnn View Post
Had this happen to me. Warranty work often is a loss to dealers so I can understand them being particular. Also if I spent my money at the dealer and I knew my camper was waiting to be fixed because someone else who bought out of town was getting serviced it may bother me.

My only action came when I upgraded recently I did buy local and it was not from them.
I could almost agree, but it really would not be anyone elses business where the other person bought the camper. I don't think most people get upset when they are getting their car serviced at a local dealer, and the car in front has a dealer sticker from an out-of-town dealer. And who is to say they didn't live in the other town, and just moved into that particular city, and needed service on their camper. Should they then tow the coach back 8 hours, and wait for it to get fixed(hotel expense-or another round trip), then drive 8 hours back? This is of coarse, just an example. Not what is in our case.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #22
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC7010 View Post
A couple of thoughts...

First, please share the name of the dealership that is giving you such a hard time. I won't hesitate to place them on my naughty list and I suspect others might, too.

That would be Tarpley's RV in Durango, Co. Like I believe I had stated in an earlier post, that if they would have been willing to come up with a realistic deal, and gotten us financed, we would have bought there. Just as well, since the only camper they said they had in our paymant range, was well short of the one we rather easily purchased in Denver.

Guess I will just have to give them a chance, though, to see if they want some business this winter.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Old 01-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
Randy_K

I find the trailer network kinda strange. I bought a new Ford truck out of town recently. When i needed warranty work i found a closer dealer and asked about warranty work. The manager said we would love to do the work, it gets billed to Ford and we like to keep the shop busy. They have done a good job with the work and in a few years i will buy from them.

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 AM   #24
richf28

I feel that when a dealer takes on a brand of trailer he is also taking on the responsibility of representing that company. I can understand if you live in the vicinity of that dealer and you travel to a wholesaler out of town that you may not get first in line but pushing you back further all the time isn't right either. In 2009 I wanted a certain model snowmobile. I went to the dealer 10 minutes from my house. He didn't have one. It old him there was one 2 hrs away and asked them to get it. They told me to go purchase it myself and save some money because they couldnt sell it that cheap and they would service it. It turned out to be a lemon after the second day out. They were stuck with repairs and all the crap from the mfg. that whole winter. They never complained and I and my family have bought numerous sleds and even a new car from them since. Now that's a great dealer.

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #25
Badboy

Bbb

I would tell them that you are going to contact the BBB,places do not like to here that from people,or call Keystone and tell them how you are being treated by this dealership.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #26
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy View Post
I would tell them that you are going to contact the BBB,places do not like to here that from people,or call Keystone and tell them how you are being treated by this dealership.
I wouldn't even bother to tell them. i would just file the complaint and leave it to the dealer to either resolve it or leave it on their record for all to see.
My concern with doing business with a dealer like that is that their quality of work would be reflective of their attitude. They obviously have all the business they want, both sales and service and it's always a struggle trying to deal with people like that.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #27
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by richf28 View Post
I feel that when a dealer takes on a brand of trailer he is also taking on the responsibility of representing that company. I can understand if you live in the vicinity of that dealer and you travel to a wholesaler out of town that you may not get first in line but pushing you back further all the time isn't right either. In 2009 I wanted a certain model snowmobile. I went to the dealer 10 minutes from my house. He didn't have one. It old him there was one 2 hrs away and asked them to get it. They told me to go purchase it myself and save some money because they couldnt sell it that cheap and they would service it. It turned out to be a lemon after the second day out. They were stuck with repairs and all the crap from the mfg. that whole winter. They never complained and I and my family have bought numerous sleds and even a new car from them since. Now that's a great dealer.
Couldn't agree with you more. And we only went farther away due to their sale's staff attitude. We got the same attitude on 2 different occasions trying to purchase a new 5vr.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch