Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
Beachnut

Well, in my recent dealings with Keystone they have been very helpful with my sales Dealer created problems! I purchased my "new" Outback 230RS from Barber RV, in Ventura CA. The dealer did not mention that the trailer had been broken into and vandalized while sitting on the dealer lot! Both the entrance door, and toy hauler door had been punctured (hammer head sized holes punched into them), repaired, and non stock decals placed over the repairs to hide the repaired spots, prior our purchase. The un-noticed non stock decals were a close match, but when they began to peel I took it to a closer to home local Keystone dealer to be told of the repairs and damages. The selling dealer refused to fess up to the above until Keystone became involved. Keystone is replacing both doors at no charge to me, to put our trailer back into the "new" condition it was said to be sold to us as. They also paid $149.00 towards the replacement cost of the "non stock Skyworth TV / DVD" that Barber RV had put in our trailer when we bought it, as the "stock TV" had been stolen out of the trailer when it was burglarized / vandalized. Well, the Skyworth TV / DVD broke after only 6 uses, but 1 month past the Skyworth 90 day warranty was up. Yet again Keystone would have insured their stock TV 1 year, so they graciously gave us the cost of a stock TV replacement which we put towards a Naxa NTD 2252 22' LCD TV / DVD 12vdc. (I Purchased a "Square trade extended warranty" on it for 4 years for $40.00).

We bought the extended warranty at the time of trailer purchase for an extra $1000 from "U.S. Warranty, (eagle Plus plan). According to its brochure, no, a cracked lino floor would not be covered. But most other major items are covered for an additional 6 years past the stock 1 year warranty.

http://www.uswceagle.com/get_doc.php...20Brochure.pdf

Seeing we have used our trailer on 10 trips, for almost 2.5 months worth of camping duration, in the last 10 months we have owned it, that warranty gives us an extra level of "peace of mind" on potential future repairs.

So, in my book, Keystone has been FANTASTIC! If you plan on REALLY using your RV as we do, Get the extended warranty. Lets face it, we COULD have bought 2 keystone trailers for the price of one, top of the line Airstream trailer that is SAID to be real "quality built". Yet, there UGLY inside, and out, and not nearly as nice as our Keystones at near half the price!

http://www.airstreamrvsource.com/rvi....asp?id=724725

Beachnut
Beachnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #22
gmohr

Just think, if they built these as sturdy as a house we would not be able to
tow them. A good PDI often can find problems before they happen. We bought ours
from RV Outlet in Danville, VA and then proceeded to do a 3.5hr predelivery
inspection. Found a few things that they immediately fixed. One was a cargo
door that didn't fit correctly. We have put many a day and quite a few miles
in our Cougar and it is almost like new. I think Keystone does a bang up job.

Enjoy your summer camping!
09 318SAB, 06 Ford F350 4WD, LWB, CC, Dually

gmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
dandlbro

We feel your pain.....We also had a 2008 Montana 3665....We bought it brand new and paid a pretty penny for it.....We have 2 pages of repairs on the stupid lemon and things they wouldn't replace as it wasn't meant to live in full time....But, believe me when we told them we would live in it full time they were so eager to sell it to us......We have gotten rid of it and now have a nice used Cardinal by Forest River and will never own another Keystone......Good Luck.....
dandlbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #24
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandlbro View Post
We feel your pain.....We also had a 2008 Montana 3665....We bought it brand new and paid a pretty penny for it.....We have 2 pages of repairs on the stupid lemon and things they wouldn't replace as it wasn't meant to live in full time....But, believe me when we told them we would live in it full time they were so eager to sell it to us......We have gotten rid of it and now have a nice used Cardinal by Forest River and will never own another Keystone......Good Luck.....
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Montana. It sounds to me that the issue was with your dealer than with Keystone. Its the dealer that misrepresented the warranty terms. I am also betting your dealer did not take the time to prep your unit properly when it came in from the factory. All Keystone dealers are provided a hefty allowance from Keystone for initial prep and to make any needed adjustments, etc. A Camping World technician I spoke with told me they receive upwards to $2,000 for the larger fivers.
It sounds like the dealer may have kept this allowance and waited for you to find the problems.
Icould be off here but many more Keystone owners are satisfied than not. All brands have their issues. I've owned enough rvs from various brands to know this and that a good rv experience starts with a good dealer. A very precious commodity to say the least.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 AM   #25
badge4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandlbro View Post
If you are so satisfied with your Forest River thats wonderful news perhaps you should go share your positive experiences on their forum. Those of us who come on here do so with the thought of either sharing our positive feelings about Keystone or sharing "constructive" thoughts or ideas regarding some negative dealings towards our Keystone products. I would hate to see this become some sort of rant and rave site simply because you can't get past some unforunate dealings you have had with a dealer.
badge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #26
rwleejr

295re

I have a Outback 295RE that I purchased in Nov 2010. I have been living in it full time since than and have had almost no issues with the unit. I can't say enough about how happy I am with my Outback.
rwleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #27
bobchick
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosad View Post
I have decided to use my travel trailer as an example to other potential buyers of RV's that they should look at other products out there before they consider buying Keystone. 2008 model with decals falling off and split flooring throws a lot of people off especially when the tow vehicle a silverado sits there in mint shape. Funny the paint has not peeled off the truck and the dash is not cracked or seats ripped, same year as RV. Great advertising for Keystone, love it!!!!!!
Keystone is great for putting off for a year what they could do in a day!I only wish I had seen this siote before I had bought keystone! Only time keystone lie is when they open there mouth??
bobchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #28
brent

Post 2011 325fre outback sydney

i'll say the outside is well constructed. i am having problems with screws holding blinds coming out. the only fix is putting a red devil in the wall to keep the screws in. i have only had the camper 7 months. told the dealer about issue and he saib he would let keystone know. i guess that's the answer. just wish they would have used a better wall board as i did a special order to accomdate changes.
brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:19 AM   #29
LouSlugger

Keystone customer service deficient

I generally agree -- based on my short time as a Keystone owner -- that the company's customer service attitude seems poor. I bought a 2007 Fuzion that was a repo so I had no unrealistic expectations about anything still being under warranty or that the rig would still be in showroom condition. But so far I've learned that (1) the exterior decals have only a one year warranty but are prone to rapid deterioration and peeling (I've spent MANY hours removing them with 3M Stripe Off wheels and lacquer remover); (2) said decals are very expensive to replace and available only from Keystone (and the replacements could very well be the same poor quality as the originals) [this is especially puzzling to me considering that peeling/missing decals give an outward appearance of inferior quality, which you would think Keystone would want to avoid in order to protect its brand value]; (3) Keystone is very slow in responding to inquiries from its authorized dealers about replacement parts, and in at least one instance (mine) mistakenly told a dealer that it is not an authorized dealer when in fact it is and has been for many years (and had submitted several warranty claims to Keystone earlier that very same week); (4) Customer Service hours are limited to 8-5 M-Thursday and 8-3 on Friday (must be nice to work there); and (5) they are very slow to have technical consultants make promised return phone calls to answer a question (I've been waiting since Monday morning to see if they can identify any reason why I should not upgrade from 15 inch wheels/tires to 16 inch; the first two times I called and asked the most I could get was "Keystone does not recommend that you use anything different from original size" -- which is the answer to a question I did not ask). Granted, it would not be fair for me to judge Keystone based upon these initial impressions over a relatively short period of time, but the relationship is definitely not getting off on the right foot and it does cause me some concern going forward.
LouSlugger is offline   Reply With Quote