Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
BigJohn

Angry Fuzion 383 from HELL!!!

In 2010 I purchased a Fusion II, model 383, from Keystone through Dusty's Camping World (Barto, FL) at the Tampa RV show and it has been all down hill from there. What a pile of S*#T on wheels! I have owned several RV's over the past 20 years but this thing has more problems than all of my past units put together. I have only had it 13 months and here is the problem and repair list:

1. The generator was wired but not connected; and
2. The outside speakers were not wired and water leaked in there; and
3. The Door entry light was wired backwards and would not work; and
4. The flood light on the sewer side was not sealed and filled with water that got in the wall through wire hole; and
5. The toilet leaked and was replaced; and
6. The shower head kept sliding down the pole, was replaced and the new one dose the same; and
7. Top of shower stall not sealed and water splatter runs behind stall down the wall causing problems; and
8. Shower floor pan cracked, was replaced, (we are not overweight) and damaged the floor underneath; and
9. Carpet over hauler area unraveled at the welt and had to be replaced;
10. Door shocks keep pulling out of back door; and
11. Front door screen latch has been replaced twice; and
12. Fabric of left arm rest of captains chair cracked (waiting on replacement)
13. Butal caulk failed at top of bedroom window, factory defect, water leaking in for past year causing dresser to swell and crack (waiting on replacement); and
14. Front marker lights not sealed, water leaking into front cap area for past year....water damage internally there (waiting for repair); and
15. Discovered that nothing was caulked on the sewer side of trailer (gutter, topper brackets...nothing). The same parts on door side are caulked; and
16. Several of the black rung-ends of the ladder cracked (ladder replaced).
17. Bedroom smells of water mold/rot...musty; and

It has been a struggle getting this thing worked on....and there has been so much go wrong within the first year I suspect it would not last the term of the loan. I want to return it. I did not agree to buy an abortion. Apparently it was shipped to the dealer incomplete. Who ever the team was that built this unit at Keystone should be fired. There is no quality control (QC) what so ever.
Finally, I am reading all the blogs about the horror stories concerning Keystone units.....OMG.....I wish I never made this purchase. Keystone just wants to "fix"....cover up ....the problems, but what about the water damage to the walls....?? I want to take it back for a refund...and NEVER consider a Keystone product again.

(Moderator's note: This post originally appeared in the New Member Check In section and moved to this category)
Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
antiqfreq

BigJohn,

There is probably no one on the face of the earth who can console you at this point and time because of your frustration over a camper you just can't camp with.
I hope you get this resolved with Keystone; but maybe your only option will be getting a lawyer.
Fortunately for most of us our units are mostly trouble free.
Again, I am so sorry for your frustating position with Keystone.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
Old 02-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
BigJohn

Thank you for your kind words. I have been full time for years. Never had this much trouble with all of my past units together. I am in the Happy Traveler RV Park in Tampa. A lot of units come and go. Two weeks ago a couple with a 383 came in with an appointment to LazyDaze RV repair. The swinging back wall came loose from the hinges and fell on their bikes. They were pretty hot. Keystone tells me they discontinued the model 383 for lack of interest. It was supposed to be a "numbered edition" and therefore more valuable..... and hold their value better. Well, so much for that notion.

Other than that... full-timing has been good for some time now. We enjoy it. Hope you do too......
Old 02-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
antiqfreq

I am from S.E. Florida - Ft. Lauderdale area - and we left there October 2009
and haven't looked back (at least not with the RV) but we traveled fulltime for about a year and had a great time. We are settling down again now and hope that some day we get back to it again.
Keep our forum posted on your quest to get things right and taken care of!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
Handysam

I think if I had those issues with a new unit, the dealer would get one shot to make it right and then I would be sitting at the KEYSTONE factory until it was made right! They would be oh so sick of my face.

I hope that Keystone and your dealer make you whole soon... Best of Luck!

Please keep us posted as to what happens. It is nice to have closure when we read these stories.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
wgb1

Wow! Seems like QC was asleep at the wheel when your unit was being constructed. I have owned a Keystone Bullet for about a month now. I keep looking at the little things to make sure all is good with our camper. So far, so good. We have not had any issues come up to date.

I certainly hope that Keystone does the right thing for you. I would stay on them like "stink on a skunk" until the issue is resolved to YOUR satisfaction. I certainly do not think that Keystone is that bad, but for whatever reason, you got a bad unit. I would be interested, as are others, as to how this is resolved. Please keep us posted. Hopefully someone with Keystone keeps up with and reads this forum and will make the right decision. Keystone, we are watching.......

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Old 04-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #7
antiqfreq

Big John,

Haven't heard from you in two months.........what is the update?
Did you get your problems resolved??

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
Old 09-17-2011, 06:04 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchick View Post
I guess you learn never to buy from them again or from keystone??
bobchick, This topic has not been replied to in over 5 months. The OP posted two times in Feburary, 2011 and has not responded to any other replies to his topic. Out of the blue, you add a post that offers neither additional information or resolution. Did you have something that you wanted us to know regarding the OP's post or the status of his RV?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

The "Fuzion from Hell" thread is Closed

After having posted twice in late February, the OP has not submitted any further posts nor has he responded to three posts asking for an update regarding his extensive list of problems with the Fuzion 383.
It would seem that the member is no longer active and an update is not likely to appear here.

Consequently, the thread "Fuzion 383 from Hell" is closed to further posts.
Thank you to those who submitted replies and requests for updates.

Closed Thread