Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Lawyer 1 100.00%
Not sure 0 0%
Never get another keystone again 0 0%
Option 1 and 2 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
Lineman

Post 8 month old montana moutaineer

Hello everyone. I have a keystone montana mountaineer and has been the biggest headache ever. I've been rving for about five years. I bought my montana in March. Told it was a great trailor. And could be used any season. Also known as 4 season. I have had a huge electrical miss wiring. The hot water heater basically started on fire because there was 5 different outlets and ceiling fan wired into the same break as the hot water heater. There are burned up connections everywhere in the trailor. The voltage is great where it was hooked up. The thermostat has not been coming on to tell the heater to kick on so staying warm has been hard. Well with the cold weather lately I have no been Abel to keep it warm so the water won't freeze. Well it did the rv is now flooded. The pump has cracked and flooded everything.The rv shop had a tech come out several differs times and he told me this is a fire waiting to happen. The rv shop had known about this for over a month but can't get keystone to to help out with all this mess. Keystone said after 30 degrees all rvs must be put up in storage and winterized. They brushed off the electricAl stuff and put it all on me and said call your insurance. I have a paper trail of all of this. So basically they told me it's my problem. Plz help
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Lineman,

I am sorry to hear or your problems with your trailer and I hope all your issues are resolved soon and to your satisfaction.

I am not sure the use of the poll will help you with your current situation because it is my belief that most of our members are very happy with their Keystone product.

Most, if not all issues, usually get resolved with the dealer and I hope this will be the case for you.

Please keep us posted and if you have any specific questions, please go to the appropriate category in this forum and ask away - our members are always more than willing to help out if they can.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Lineman -

I doubt if Keystone will assume any responsibility for any damage caused by cracked water lines or broken pumps and subsequent water leakage due to freezing temperatures. In more than one section of the Exclusions and Owner's Responsibility, it states several times that it is the "owner's responsibility to maintain the recreational vehicle".

By not ensuring that your RV was adequately protected against frozen pipes and pumps, it could be said that you failed to properly maintain your RV. You didn't outline what, if any, steps you took to ensure that the pipes and pump were protected against freezing or did you simply rely on what you had read or what someone had told you about the RV being ok for use in all 4 seasons?

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as though you have a very strong case with respect to your frozen pump and water lines and the damage caused by any water coming from those items.

You might, however, have more success with your wiring issues. I would go back to your dealer and take with you any documents or records/copies of emails, phone calls, conversations, etc., you had with them and start there. If you can work co-operatively with your dealer hopefully they will go to bat for you and present a case to Keystone for some kind of compensation for your wiring problems.

After considering some of the suggestions you might get from our members, what your dealer and Keystone are prepared to do for you, then you can decide on your own course of action. Until you have heard from everyone, advising you at this point to get a lawyer, not buy another Keystone, etc., is not going to be very productive IMO.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Lineman,

Welcome to the forum. If you note the red "disclaimer" at the bottom of every forum webpage, you'll see that this forum has no connection with the Keystone RV Corporation. To the best of my knowledge, nobody from Keystone is officially a member of the forum and they do not monitor the forum in any way. We are essentially, a group of Keystone RV owners and prospective owners who share information about our RV's, the RV lifestyle and sometimes other interesting (or not so interesting) information.

Attempting to use a poll to define a course of action really is an ineffective way to get options because there are only a limited number of choices in any poll. There are always additional options other than the two or three that are listed in most polls. After all, you devised the "courses of action" in the poll you established, so it really limits the forum membership to voting on which of "YOUR" ideas they might think is best and a poll limits them from giving advice on a different (and possibly better) way to approach your problems.

Hopefully, as the membership responds to your post, you will learn from their experiences ways that might benefit you that so far you haven't considered. Keep an open mind, weigh the comments you get and good luck with resolving your winter camping and electrical problems.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
Ken / Claudia

After the fire, I would have phoned my insurence co., had them deal with it. . If a repair guy thinks it is a fire trap, how could anyone safely stay in it. Maybe not to late to get insurence co. involved. I cannot think that you spend all the money for the unit and not having it insured.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

HI Sorry to hear about your troubles. I too would contact the insurance company. let them fight it out that is why you have insurance right? I wish you the best. keep us posted.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #7
crash

As long as noone gets hurt let it catch on fire and burn to the ground before calling 911 and then your problem would be solved and you can get another camper
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
antiqfreq

I am not sure that Lineman is even monitoring his one and only post.

Since the Poll was closed I doubt he has been checking in as there are no more posts here or in any other category.

Hopefully this thread it at its end also.

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Jo,

You are correct. Lineman posted his "Poll" at 1:22 PM on Dec 8. He signed off the forum at 1:24 PM (2 minutes later) and has not logged on since then. So the only comments he would have possibly seen are those made in the two minutes before he was last here.

My guess would be that he either hasn't had the opportunity to check for comments, or had no intention to do anything other than post his disappointment with his RV for all to see.

Hopefully, he will log in and realize that his situation isn't the norm and that he should determine the best course of action based on his specific experiences and history with his dealer. There's not much anyone here can offer him to resolve his problems.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
SAABDOCTOR

A match i'm soooo evil today!!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #11
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiqfreq View Post
I am not sure that Lineman is even monitoring his one and only post.

Since the Poll was closed I doubt he has been checking in as there are no more posts here or in any other category.

Hopefully this thread it at its end also.

Jo

It seems to me from his comments that he's negative and is blaming Keystone for all the problems but yet many are self inflicted.
So many great threads here and people that are happy with their RV's but I guess there always has to be one bad apple.
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #12
04z71

so if your trailer has an issue and your looking for help or you want to give others a headsup this is not the place
04z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04z71 View Post
so if your trailer has an issue and your looking for help or you want to give others a headsup this is not the place
I think you missed the point .... only the poll was closed since it only gave negative choices and none that would actually solve the problems.
I hope this clears things up and that the OP can resolve his problems, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #14
antiqfreq

The purpose of this forum IS to help people.

And using our members as a sounding board is okay IF you are looking for help or a solution.

It just seems that some people just want to complain and put it out there are aren't really looking for help or a solution - they just want to complain.

We so hope he tunes back in, and reads through the forum posts and that we can truly assist him in the way he needs.

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
Old 01-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #15
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallboss2 View Post
it's really nice that you love your keystone product and it's even nicer that you have no problems with your unit. I think people should be able to let other owners of keystone products know there are problems. I did not realize members were not suppose to discuss any issues they have with their rv .
vallboss2, Members have every right to complain about their problems. It is just that in this case the original poster (OP) created a poll with no options to resolve his problems. This member has never returned to the forum since he made his one and only post. If you have read through the forum you will find many negative posts but most folks will return and try to resolve their problems with the information from other members who may have been in the same situation. I personally can't see where closing a one sided poll could give anyone the idea that we are not here to help each other with our problems. I for one hope he returns so we can learn the outcome of his problems and maybe help others who may face them in the future, JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #16
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallboss2 View Post
it's really nice that you love your keystone product and it's even nicer that you have no problems with your unit. I think people should be able to let other owners of keystone products know there are problems. I did not realize members were not suppose to discuss any issues they have with their rv .
vallboss2 -

If you were to take the time to go back and review your posts then you might find that of the 68 posts that you have submitted to date, the vast majority of them have been about the very issues that you claim that you are not able to discuss here on the forum. Other than a few of your earlier posts where you asked for advice and suggestions about backing up and maneuvering your Alpine, the remainder were focused on issues, such as the slides, end cap and jacks, you were having.

In one earlier post, you submitted an extensive list of issues that you have with your Alpine - some of which were fixed by the dealer - and others that were still outstanding. In some of your other posts you have told us about how both your dealer and Keystone are not interested in addressing the problems that you are having and that they "don't care". You have also mentioned that you "feel the pain" of others who are having or have had issues with their Keystone.

The poll that I believe you are referring to was closed not because we were trying to stifle criticism but because it was not meant to gather any information, it offered only negative choices and was poorly designed. It was a single submission by a member who was clearly disgruntled with his purchase and was looking for ways to get back at Keystone.

If you were to carefully read our forum rules, it clearly indicates that posts that describe issues that members are having with their RV's are acceptable. Our rules also state that repeated negative comments about a product or manufacturer or organization are not.

I think you have been given ample opportunity to make your point and discuss your issues. We know you do not like your dealer or Keystone, we know about your issues, and we know that you do not like your Alpine and have decided to get rid of it.

For you to state that "members are not supposed to discuss any issues they have with their RV" is just not correct. You've had plenty of opportunity to do just that. If, however, a member is going to go on ad nausea about their issues and repeatedly "bash" Keystone and its products, then what does that really accomplish? Telling others who are having problems that "you feel their pain" does little either.

At this point, I do not believe that you are interested in seeking any kind of help with your Alpine issues since you have decided to get rid of it. When you do get another RV, I hope that it brings you many miles of trouble-free enjoyment.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #17
mazboy123

he can call Montana and discuss it with their service center in Goshen...at least about the wiring issue.

as for the pump, he caused the problem, there is no way, in my opinion, it was montanas fault. and I've had numerous problems with my Montana.

he had to have been in coooooold weather without the heat on if anything broke/froze.

if he wants to find out who to talk to he can contact my wife...she knows all of the upper level people there.
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical problem, fire, flooded, warranty