Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2020, 06:30 AM   #1
Papa of 7

B&W Companion

I am now studying what hitch to get in the future for my Ford F350 6'9" box. I like the functionality of the B&W Companion just because you can pull it out and have a flat bed cargo box or add a ball and pull a gooseneck. What is you experience if you have this hitch and bed size. Btw my future maybe a year or two. 😆
Papa of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa of 7 View Post
I am now studying what hitch to get in the future for my Ford F350 6'9" box. I like the functionality of the B&W Companion just because you can pull it out and have a flat bed cargo box or add a ball and pull a gooseneck. What is you experience if you have this hitch and bed size. Btw my future maybe a year or two. ��
I've had a couple different brands of 5th wheel hitches & the B&W was by far the best, easiest to hitch/unhitch, & great customer service if needed.
If I were getting another I'd have to look at the Reese Goosebox. It's air ride & leaves nothing in the truck bed when unhitched also + it's the only gooseneck type hitch approved by Lippert not to void your rv warranty.
There's a big following for the Anderson hitch, I just never could make myself trust that lightweight 35lb aluminum pyramid with up to 16.5k rv & 3-4k+ lbs pin weight hammering down on it traveling our great highway systems
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
tech740

If you have a gooseneck ball do a goose box. Nothing to take in or out.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

B&W turnover hitch is an excellent choice. And I can say the goosebox is an outstanding pin box.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:32 PM   #5
Kojac

I have a B&W turnover ball, used the Companion for about 2 yrs, but changed to the Reese Goosebox and it has performed great! I have pulled with it for about 1800 miles so far and I have the Ford F250 with 6.9 bed.
20K Reese Goosebox
Kojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #6
GHen

B&W Companion

I have had the B&w for three years now, love it. I can even hitch up at 45 degrees or more. I have a friend that had a different type ( not sure of the brand) and he had to line up perfect or it would connect. After watching me hitch up, he bought a companion.

It is very heavy, but built a stand the same height as the tailgate and don’t have an issue taking it in or out. Some people use a lift, or a winch or just your kids or neighbors as help. I can still get it in and out myself, but one of these times I know I’ll tweak my back.

Wouldn’t trade it for any other hitch.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:55 AM   #7
xrated

I have a B&W Companion 25K hitch and I really like it. It is my first ever 5ver hitch (tow behind trailer previously) and in the research that I did before purchase, a lot of arrows pointing to the B&W. I went with the 25K option instead of the 20K, because my trailer is 20K GVWR and there is simply no reason to be right on the edge of capacity. When I put the hitch in the truck (Ford puck system) in the spring of 2019, it has never been out of the bed, as I also have a 6'x10' utility trailer if I need to haul something. I do keep it covered though and out of the weather.....and if I needed to remove it, it is made in two separate pieces....the base and the hitch. Each piece is around 75 to 80 lbs, so at least it's doable for me if I ever need to remove it.

Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote