Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #41
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I appreciate everyone's feeling about the situation that we face and governmental actions that have been taken whether warranted or not. I am 100% sure that the way I, or anyone else, feels about what is going on is viewed differently by someone else. Many have been affected in a very negative way by how this is being handled and many others have family affected in a very bad way, myself included. Many feel this is nothing more than the flu and some think it's the end of the world. Stats tell that story.

All that said I think we need to try to keep the focus of the thread on the Covid issue and how it relates to us as RVers - and I assure you it is a factor as far as our travel plans go. Some comments are getting further and further into the political arena without any content having a useful purpose for RVing. With a topic like Covid 19 for a thread there will undoubtedly be comments and observations that will have some political context. I think we should try to keep those to a minimum and when the comments happen, not let the thread take on a life of it's own burrowing down that political rabbit hole.
At this point this is becoming more political every day. Not as many going to the hospital. Although the more people are getting tested the number of those infected can only go up but still hospitalization is down. Not as many people are dyeing from this which is a good thing. But when they close a beach just because people were going there now thats political. it's hard not to call it what it is. In the begi9ning we as Americans did what needed to be done but not it's hurting the country. Seems like mayors and governors don't seem to care. They have police going around watching people sitting on a blanket not wearing a mask. This is becoming a police country with this going on. I get your point that you dont want politics on the site but if we don't let people know what is happening on the ground in there state we will never know what is happening. You can't even cross state lines without getting stopped. Trust me the cops are watching every freeway and highway. If they catch you you may get a ticket and told to go home or, they will take you into custody and quarantine you for 2 weeks. It's getting bad. Summer is canceled! no 4th of July, no car shows I bet they even limit the numbers of campers allowed at campgrounds they put homeless in hotels and gave them free booze and drugs. I wouldn't ever stay in a hotel again anywhere. How political out there is it? this isn't over for a long time.
Sorry for the rant. I'm a veteran ans this just makes me mad as ****
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #42
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Ruff Rider View Post
At this point this is becoming more political every day. Not as many going to the hospital. Although the more people are getting tested the number of those infected can only go up but still hospitalization is down. Not as many people are dyeing from this which is a good thing. But when they close a beach just because people were going there now thats political. it's hard not to call it what it is. In the begi9ning we as Americans did what needed to be done but not it's hurting the country. Seems like mayors and governors don't seem to care. They have police going around watching people sitting on a blanket not wearing a mask. This is becoming a police country with this going on. I get your point that you dont want politics on the site but if we don't let people know what is happening on the ground in there state we will never know what is happening. You can't even cross state lines without getting stopped. Trust me the cops are watching every freeway and highway. If they catch you you may get a ticket and told to go home or, they will take you into custody and quarantine you for 2 weeks. It's getting bad. Summer is canceled! no 4th of July, no car shows I bet they even limit the numbers of campers allowed at campgrounds they put homeless in hotels and gave them free booze and drugs. I wouldn't ever stay in a hotel again anywhere. How political out there is it? this isn't over for a long time.
Sorry for the rant. I'm a veteran ans this just makes me mad as ****

Arthur, I appreciate your frustration and feel the same way. Referencing the highlighted statement above, I believe it is beneficial for folks to know what they will encounter when traveling from first hand experiences, local knowledge etc. It can be invaluable for those traveling as I've just went through and posted a new thread about that trip. Some things are happening in local municipalities, counties and states that are mind boggling to some of us.

With the above thoughts in mind, and my previous post you quoted, I think it is beneficial if not mandatory that we share local information and happenings for the benefit of all members but trying to put the blame on some political direction/person isn't going to get us anywhere. The one thing we all have in common is our love of RV travel. I can assure you we don't all share the same political "leanings" or beliefs. Until the last few years individuals could talk about politics, Republicans and Democrats etc. and listen to each other; sometimes even learn from each other (heaven forbid!!)! Those days appear to be gone and some look for the slightest reason to get angry and go on a tear. I don't think any of us want that nor for the forum to devolve into some sort of venting platform for the unhappy.

We all know what we think and believe about the current situation. On a daily basis it IS becoming more a political issue than emergency. In my experiences over the last several years it will be an effort in futility to try to convert anyone with different views via an RV forum without turning it into a mess.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:42 AM   #43
flybouy
Site Team

Danny has stated this well. There is a place for everything but clearly this is not the place for politics. There are many outlets to express political viewpoints and the voting booth is the ultimate and most appropriate place.

Informing the community with the openings, closings, restrictions has great value to everyone but political commenting will only serve to get an "attaboy" from some and alienation from others. It's a slippery slope when the clamoring to "place blame" get's rolling and the forum can start spiraling into a dark place.

Let's keep this on topic and beneficial to all.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #44
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Brent, Glad to hear that you and the DW got a chance to take a break and go out and get some fresh air. ( Literally )
We all can't wait for things to return to normal,but until then quick escapes like yours will help us maintain our sanity.
Stay well, be safe, Hank
Thank you sir. It is good to get out.
Best wishes to you and yours staying safe in this.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote