Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
McRod

Two Urgent Care MDs Blow up the shutdown.

Pretty much what most of us have said from the beginning. Now that real data is available, we are learning reality.

This video interview of these MDs is long, but very worth watching.

Something new that I learned is they are saying sheltering is not allowing immune systems to develop - which is potentially what will contribute to a second demand on health care systems. Additionally, the long term secondary effects, such as spousal abuse, molestation, suicide, etc are spiking in their areas.

https://youtu.be/D5GDPCUUBEE

They get asked the common hard questions that many would argue in other directions.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:34 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

I started to watch the video but when the started off with these two doctors own 7 urgent care centers in California I stopped watching. You can't tell me that their. opinion isn't biased. JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #3
debnana

Well said flybouy.
debnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
MerlinB

Everyone's opinion is biased by something. What do you expect? If you watch and listen you just might learn something.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinB View Post
Everyone's opinion is biased by something. What do you expect? If you watch and listen you just might learn something.
Yes Merlin, I'm biased as well. I prefer seafood sometimes over steak. While everyone is biased and everyone has an agenda,, I'm going to spend my time listening to someone who isn't THAT biased. Personally, I don't listen to anything that I consider propaganda, including RV and car salesman. You are free to watch want you wish and no need to tell others what the may or may not learn.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:05 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Yes Merlin, I'm biased as well. I prefer seafood sometimes over steak. While everyone is biased and everyone has an agenda,, I'm going to spend my time listening to someone who isn't THAT biased. Personally, I don't listen to anything that I consider propaganda, including RV and car salesman. You are free to watch want you wish and no need to tell others what the may or may not learn.
Don't much care for the seafood over beef statement... ain't we got any rules on this site??? I HATE seafood and like my red meat! I bet you eat those nasty ol' crabs and such... shame shame

On a serious note, we shall soon be swimming in MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACKS on how this deal was handled. Won't be able to say whether it was dumb or savvy for at least awhile I think. Too early to give opinions on the way our country reacted to the plague.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:08 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Don't much care for the seafood over beef statement... ain't we got any rules on this site??? I HATE seafood and like my red meat! I bet you eat those nasty ol' crabs and such... shame shame

On a serious note, we shall soon be swimming in MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACKS on how this deal was handled. Won't be able to say whether it was dumb or savvy for at least awhile I think. Too early to give opinions on the way our country reacted to the plague.

George, now the above highlighted statement is a HUGE understatement! Right, wrong or indifferent no matter what was done there will be detractors screaming one thing and those on the other side screaming something else - ALL disregarding the facts and trying to sway public opinion....their way by saying/claiming most anything. It IS a sad state of affairs.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #8
travelin texans

When this gets over with & back to normal, whatever normal may be from here on, you can bet your a## it will all about the politics, one group blaming the other for how it was handled, or mishandled, after all it's an election year.
Not trying to bring up politics here, but we all know what's coming in that respect.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
When this gets over with & back to normal, whatever normal may be from here on, you can bet your a## it will all about the politics, one group blaming the other for how it was handled, or mishandled, after all it's an election year.
Not trying to bring up politics here, but we all know what's coming in that respect.

Too late! The blame game started a while ago. It’s become a “I did more/sooner”. And on another note, who here has a $24,000.00 freezer and eats $13.00/ pint ice cream.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:03 PM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

I just want the weather to clear up and warm up so I can go to backyardia. I can't imagine another 6+ months of "coulda shuda woulda" and "he said she said". Very nonproductive. I've watched every Netflix program ever made, searched the internet until reaching the end, re-read every book in the house (never counted but it's got to be over 300), serviced the furnace, the water heater, the dishwasher, cleaned the refrigerator coils on both fridges, cleaned the kegilator beer and CO2 lines, and ran out of things to do in the garage.

I think Covid-19 must be code for "how drive a type A personality man" out of his mind.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #11
McRod

Quote:
I started to watch the video but when the started off with these two doctors own 7 urgent care centers in California I stopped watching. You can't tell me that their. opinion isn't biased. JMHO
You could take that point of view. But their opinion comes from the data collected from their urgent care centers, rather than data fed to them from outside sources. I don't consider that bias, I consider it first hand info.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
You could take that point of view. But their opinion comes from the data collected from their urgent care centers, rather than data fed to them from outside sources. I don't consider that bias, I consider it first hand info.
I can and did take that point of view and maintain it. I don't place that much value in such a limited data set that is based on "simple math" and from two doctors that have a "dog in the fight". That's my opinion and and you are entiled to yours.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #13
McRod

Quote:
I can and did take that point of view and maintain it. I don't place that much value in such a limited data set that is based on "simple math" and from two doctors that have a "dog in the fight". That's my opinion and and you are entiled to yours.
I am just gathering data and use my own judgement to screen it for bias. You simply seem to avoid data and make baseless decisions. That's what makes America great. We can both come to conclusions, with or without data. Happy trails.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:36 PM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
I am just gathering data and use my own judgement to screen it for bias. You simply seem to avoid data and make baseless decisions. That's what makes America great. We can both come to conclusions, with or without data. Happy trails.
That is totally baseless accusation. You have no idea what data I have access to as I do not have any idea what you have "gathered" reviewed, or can comprehend, so I will not pass judgment as you have. I will not engage this further publicly as I do not see the value to the community.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:57 PM   #15
Sarge2

there is a bigger agenda to all of this... what that full agenda is, may not be totally evident right now... a long time ago I learned to trust my gut instinct and it's never failed me.... when it doesn't seem right, doesn't feel right it usually isn't right... and this just doesn't feel right.... you can speculate but some of the "agenda" seems to be sticking it's ugly head out here and there... the mail in vote really seems to emphasize something is rotten...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #16
aaron_huber

Oregon has used 100% mail in voting since 2000 and it's been working fine, so I'm not sure how expanding it to other states could be evidence for or against anything.

Edit: looks like it's actually been used far more than that for years.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...ote-mail-fraud
Old 04-28-2020, 01:15 PM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Without entering into the "they're right/no they're wrong" discussion, here's how I "view the two doctor's article"....

First, I'd ask, "Where are their 7 clinics" ???

If they are in an inner city, they will "look at the virus" differently than if their 7 clinics are located in rural areas.

If their 7 clinics are in a native American community they'll look at the virus differently than if their 7 clinics are located in a predominately white, upper middle class neighborhood.

Same goes for their 7 clinics if they're located in ghetto housing apartment buildings or if those 7 clinics are located in "the upstate lake region suburbs"...

My point is that those two docotos are looking through THEIR LENS....

Like the 3 blind men who felt the elephant, the one who felt the elephant's tail described elephants as "built like snakes" while the one who touched the elephants ear described elephants ad "built like tall, thin leaves and the one who touched the elephant's side argued, "No you're both wrong, elephants are shaped like billboards.....

It all depends on "whose lens you're looking through" and those two doctors are just as "limited in their visions" as the rest of the "blind men who report to us "what elephants look like"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #18
Northofu1

I like chicken best.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:14 PM   #19
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_huber View Post
Oregon has used 100% mail in voting since 2000 and it's been working fine, so I'm not sure how expanding it to other states could be evidence for or against anything.

Edit: looks like it's actually been used far more than that for years.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...ote-mail-fraud
I too am from Oregon... If losing hundreds of thousands of ballots during each election cycle is "working fine".... OK!!!

""Oregon, the first state to adopt voting by mail exclusively, for the 2012 and 2018 elections and checked it against census data. Of the 7 million ballots the state sent out in those two elections, some 871,000 ballots are totally unaccounted for.

Oregon would not reveal its data for the 2014 and 2016 elections for reasons the state would not disclose.""

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:03 PM   #20
aaron_huber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I too am from Oregon... If losing hundreds of thousands of ballots during each election cycle is "working fine".... OK!!!

""Oregon, the first state to adopt voting by mail exclusively, for the 2012 and 2018 elections and checked it against census data. Of the 7 million ballots the state sent out in those two elections, some 871,000 ballots are totally unaccounted for.

Oregon would not reveal its data for the 2014 and 2016 elections for reasons the state would not disclose.""
You didn't put in a link to what you're quoting so I have no idea what an "unaccounted for" ballot is. The state mails the ballot to the registered address of the voter (who is responsible for keeping their address updated in their registation), and the voter is responsible for returning the ballot. Obviously anyone who just chooses not to vote would result in an "unaccounted for" ballot, but you're clearly implying there is something nefarious about that. Given that more people in Oregon do return their ballots than any other state (https://www.sightline.org/2018/12/13...2018-midterms/), what about the 51% of "unnaccounted for" voters everywhere else?