Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #1
Seabee

Suggestions for my winter project.

Just looking for your opinions on my winter project. We never use anything except for the refrigerator of the outside kitchen in our 31SQB. So the thought is to ditch the burners and the sink and repurpose that area. Some ideas we already came up with are storage(lame), wet bar with stereo and outside entertainment system. Please help me out with some ideas to get the creative juices flowing. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:42 AM   #2
jsmith948

While I am not a fan of any kind of outside noise pollution, the idea of using the outside kitchen area as a wet bar seems like a winner. Add a liquor /glasses cabinet and ,of course, an ice maker. Perhaps plumb in a small ss sink and a pull out counter. BTW, I like my vodka martinis dry as in Belvedere on the rocks!

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
GaryWT

It is a shame that you are not able to use the outside kitchen to its potential but converting it to a wet bar should be easy since most of what you need it right there. Not sure what you have in your kitchen but the sink is real handy to wash your hands etc. The stove is great for making coffee in the morning or grilling english muffins etc. We have a grill that most of the cooking is done on and of course the fridge for drinks and other things. The tv is nice to catch the news in the morning ot the game at night. Do you have outside speakers already, if so probably no real need to add a stereo or anything like that. Enjoy your winter but don't cut your camping season too short planning winter stuff already.

Just looked up your trailer, tough one being it is a mini outdoor kitchen and the sink does not have a drain. I guess I would look to get rid of the sliding shelf and once opened up, see what you can do to add a real sink and some storage for glasses etc. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

You really have me stumped on this one. I can't think of any ideas at all.
What time is the game on????
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
B-O-B'03

Howdy Seebee,

After looking up your camper online, I can see why you don't find the outside kitchen very useful.

Maybe you could convert the upper pullout to hold a TV, that flips up and the bottom one into a pullout, swing out bar top?

Add a portable ice maker where the fridge is and you are all set.

We love our outdoor kitchen and have yet to cook on the indoor cook-top.

Keep us posted on what you do.

-Brian