Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #21
Woodsrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASAP View Post
We opted for the Bullet 243BHS, but it sure looked to me that they both are assembled in the same building, with the same materials by the same people, with just minor differences. No real issues so far, and we are having fun with it. Choose whichever one has the features you prefer, at the price you are willing to spend..... then get out and enjoy it !! Good luck.

My wife is gonna cry when she sees that Golden sleeping in front of the tv. We lost our golden just months before we bought our Bullet. Our Chocolate lab's bed is in the same spot.

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
Woodsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #22
IMASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrider View Post
My wife is gonna cry when she sees that Golden sleeping in front of the tv. We lost our golden just months before we bought our Bullet. Our Chocolate lab's bed is in the same spot.

Sorry to hear about your Golden. Max is a long story, but since you brought him up, I'll go ahead and brag a little bit. He is turning 12 in December (note the dog ramp for him to get in and out of the trailer).... he was given to us at 13 months old. Lets just say his first 13 months in this world were not very pleasant for him (clearly abused by his first owners). My wife heard about him from a friend of a friend of someone she worked with. I'm ashamed to say his behavior was so bad I did not want him. I thought..... if I can just my wife out of here, suggesting we think about it, we will just never go back. Well.... she suggested we bring him home that day, so you see who wears the pants around here . Well, it took some time but Max became the best dog that a man could want or hope for. That dog has spent every day with me (he has always gone to work with me) with the exception of three.... the three days when my wife and I eloped (he stayed with her parents). Well, he is getting up there in age, though still pretty healthy and active. One of the reasons we bought a bunkhouse was so Max could have the bottom bunk..... he has earned it ! Unfortunately, my 3 yr. old son was not confident up n the top bunk.... which is OK because Max is happier sleeping close to me. I can't even imagine what my life will be like when he is gone. I do my best to make sure he enjoys every day. Thanks for letting me ramble..... sorry to the OP for the threadjack.
IMASAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #23
thatdjguy

No need to apologize--hell of a dog you got there! Here's my mutt! He was a rescue from my aunt--as yours, he was clearly abused prior to us having him. He's still skiddish as can be. He let's the kids tug on him, pull him around---just takes it all in! He doesn't even lick---just wants to be around ya! We had him back in 05 while I was in college, had to give him to another aunt as our apartment didn't allow animals--then we got him back in January as my aunt couldn't give him the time he deserves. He's a good boy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jake.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	9175   Click image for larger version

Name:	drunk jake.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	9176  
thatdjguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #24
4LowNGo

It's amazing what these dogs go through and still just want to love. We rescued a pittie/bulldog mix and she wasn't physically abused as far as I know but she had mange something fierce. Her foster mom got her through with daily treatment baths and what not which I'm sure was stressful. She is one of the best pups I ever had in the house manner wise and around my young kids.

Sorry original poster for the thread hijack. I liked the passport layout a little more than the bullet with the same specs, but being the bullet was at a dealer closer to home I ended up buying it. I guess it really comes down to personal preference. Only had bullet out 2 nites but we enjoyed it very much.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #25
Woodsrider

OP, since I hijacked your thread I suppose I should add something relevant.
Our Bullet purchase was simply because that's what my wife wanted. Our good friends and neighbors of 20+ years bought a Bullet while I was in Japan on a business trip. She fell in love with theirs and went shopping on line. She looked at a lot of different models in various floor plans and kept coming back to the 230BH we have today. Since the Durango we have would have been over CGVW I had to buy a truck to pull it before we could buy the trailer.
It was an expensive month to say the least.

There are a few things we'll do differently in our next trailer that we should have done in this one.
I don't mind the QS bed, but the foam "mattress" leaves a lot to be desired. A regular QS bed would make finding a better mattress a lot easier.
It would be nice if the wardrobes were full length, as the space underneath is useless for all intents and purposes.
The placement of the 120v outlet on the wife's side of the bed is all but impossible to get to.
The layout of the bathroom is something I'll also pay closer attention to in the next unit in a quest for more elbow room while sitting down.
As far as build quality, last month was two years of ownership, and there is nothing that I can complain about. No leaks, and nothing falling apart. Tires are still in great shape after about 5K with no eggs or signs of abnormal wear.

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
Woodsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #26
chris15005

2016 Passport GT 2770RB here
Real size shower, opposing slides, island sink, outside kitchen, RVQ, spread axle, actual queen bed, couldn't be happier wife and i love it.
chris15005 is offline   Reply With Quote