Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
ErraticAKn

Winterizing Hideout 30rkds WE

Hey All,

Getting ready to drain and winterize the trailer. I found the water pump underneath the kitchen drawers with quick release. I can get the connector and hose no problem.

I'm not finding the hot water tank bypass Anyone know it's location?

My guess is that I'm going to go under the trailer and have to remove some of the road panel in order to access it.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

__________ ______ ____ __ _
2014 Hideout 30RKDSWE
2015 F250 XLT Crew Cab 6.2L EFI
2016 KLR650E
Just me and roads less traveled...
www.erraticway.com
ErraticAKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
galax83061

Glad you could find your pump. I looked for 20 min yesterday and could not find mine on my 2008 Outback Sydney edition 32BHDS. If anyone knows where my pump is I would love to know. I may go look under the kitchen drawers and see if it is there.
galax83061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
ErraticAKn

Okay - after some snooping I found the bypass. Much small and concealed on the 30RKSDWE than I thought it would be.

The water pump is under the kitchen counter drawers. You can either remove the bottom drawer to access the pump or you can op the cabinet under the sink and remove the large panel on the left to access it. In order to get in and work you should remove the bottom drawer.

The hot water bypass is in fact next to the hot water heater, mine was tucked away behind it, not real easy to see from the under the sink. It is behind the right panel under the sink and you can reach for the bypass valve over the panel. You can remove the panel but it's not necessary.

The flowjet water pump in the unit has quick connect fittings. I am installing a permanent bypass so that next year I can just flush the system and draw antifreeze from the bypass without installing or removing anything.

For future new users I will post pics when I'm done tomorrow to show the parts and locations.

Dan

__________ ______ ____ __ _
2014 Hideout 30RKDSWE
2015 F250 XLT Crew Cab 6.2L EFI
2016 KLR650E
Just me and roads less traveled...
www.erraticway.com
ErraticAKn is offline   Reply With Quote