Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2024, 01:16 PM   #1
Chinook Chopper

Main level outlets not working...Cougar RLS315

I have officially run out of ideas.... a handful of AC outlets on my 2017 Cougar 315RLS are not working when plugged into shore power. It isnt a tripped GFCI outlet, as they are all working properly (inside and outside). The upper bedroom plugs are all working and voltage across those is 120V. But the main living area plugs (non GFCI ones) are only reading 47 Volts (these are: the plug by the table, the plugs by the back window, the one above the stovetop, and the fridge for AC power). I figure somewhere there must be a faulty or spotty connection, but I pulled open all the plugs to check voltage on those and all of them reads about 47 volts, I cant find any wire where the incoming voltage is 120. So not sure where the problem is originating.
It isnt a breaker, and fuses all seem good. Any suggestions on where else to look?
Chinook Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:32 PM   #2
GlasNav

Have you lost neutral, or has a mouse nibbled on a wire?

2021 Cougar 25RDS
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, Mega Cab, DRW,
Cummins 6.7 HO, Aisin 6 Spd HD, 4x4
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:50 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

First forget the fuses, they are for 12vdc only. Next, cycle all the 15 Amp breakers by flipping them fully off, then back on. I would recommend purchasing an inexpensive ($5 or so) plug in tester. They typically have several leds that will illuminate in a pattern to indicate fualts.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:03 PM   #4
markdol1

Would those be ALL on the same line epecially if they same voltage? Is it possible to be a bad breaker?
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 09:33 AM   #5
TomArmstrong

I take it you are talking about plugged into a 240V 50A receptacle-correct ?

#1. When did you notice the issue? Did anything happen before? IE. lightning? Happened before, but started working again, went to a new campground and now they don't work?

I would first: Use your 30A dogbone shore power converter and plug into the 30A receptacle on the pedestal. Do the receptacles work ? If so, one of the pedestal phases is missing.

Next-if the receptacles don't work, you need to determine which phase of the shore power connection is bad. Using a meter on either ohms or diode (beep) take the shore power plug to the 120V panel. You should be able to ring out the 2 hot phases (red and black) the neutral phase(white) and ground phase(green)

There are a lot of different things that it could be-but I will say getting a decent bluetooth surge protector like the Power Watchdog can help you solve power problems.

https://photos.onedrive.com/photo/FC...37346?view=all
TomArmstrong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, outlets