Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2020, 06:24 PM   #21
aehjr

Thank you to everyone who provided troubleshooting advice. Apparently, in our trailer, Keystone wired the pre-wire setup to the backup lights. I would have never thought to check that. Now I know where to get the power for the camera from.

My next challenge is finding a mounting bracket in order to attach the camera to the trailer. The Fuzion has an awning over the ramp door and a piece of trim that sticks out about 1/2" about 2" below the bottom of the awning. The sharkfin mount does not fit in that space. Someone must make a mount that attaches in that space and that moves the camera out and down appropriately so it does not interfere with the awning. I can't be the only guy trying to mount a Furrion to a Fuzion with an awning. I looked on the Furrion website but could not find such a mount. I called Windish RV and Camping World; no luck there. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to source such a mount?

Tito is definitely feeling better. He wanted his dinner tonight and he is moving better than he was last night and this morning. Not back to his old self yet but definitely better.

Best regards,
Alden
2019 KTM Super Adventure R
aehjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:30 PM   #22
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aehjr View Post
Thank you to everyone who provided troubleshooting advice. Apparently, in our trailer, Keystone wired the pre-wire setup to the backup lights. I would have never thought to check that. Now I know where to get the power for the camera from.

My next challenge is finding a mounting bracket in order to attach the camera to the trailer. The Fuzion has an awning over the ramp door and a piece of trim that sticks out about 1/2" about 2" below the bottom of the awning. The sharkfin mount does not fit in that space. Someone must make a mount that attaches in that space and that moves the camera out and down appropriately so it does not interfere with the awning. I can't be the only guy trying to mount a Furrion to a Fuzion with an awning. I looked on the Furrion website but could not find such a mount. I called Windish RV and Camping World; no luck there. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to source such a mount?

Tito is definitely feeling better. He wanted his dinner tonight and he is moving better than he was last night and this morning. Not back to his old self yet but definitely better.

Best regards,
Alden
Can’t help you with your cam mount issue but glad to hear of Tito’s improvement! Been there and know how tough it is when one of your ‘kids’ is hurting.

Good luck in getting this Furrion stuff resolved. As a side note, once you get the rear camera up and running, I’d resist the urge to add the side marker mounted cams. They certainly work, but will divide the dash display so small that they aren’t worth the expense. As a novice TT owner I opted for every aid to viewing I could get. I quickly realized that with my tow mirrors adjusted properly, I won’t miss anything approaching my left or right sides. I reserve the Furrion for full screen rear view only. However, if you really want a set of side cams..........

Sent from my iPhone
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #23
slimchancepistolero

try calling Taddi Bros .... they have all kinds of mounting stuff and a great tech support ... https://www.tadibrothers.com
2010 Passport Ultra Lite Grand Touring 195rb
2019 Ram 1500 Larime Hemi w/eTorque quad cab
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L Hemi 5th whl prep
slimchancepistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #24
Dennis852

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
On my new Raptor there were garage switches that were not marked. The camera was installed at the factory. I turned switches on and walk around looking for something on and found one was the camera power. A little labeling would be nice from the factory.
I went through my entire 2020 raptor and labeled all switched and even the locks and keys. So many switches with nothing to go off of.
Dennis852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:36 AM   #25
Badtriangle

Similar issue with bullet 257rss

Purchased the plug and play furrion vision s. Plugged and didn’t play. Found I had a blown fuse for the 12v pin on the truck. Replaced it and it still will not work. I have tried it in reverse and still nothing. I know it will actually work because I tested it on shore power and it worked perfectly.
So what I have deduced:
It can get power and pair to the monitor on shore power
I have 12v power to my plug
All my lights on the (running and back up lights function)

May try it with the lights in “on” and not “auto”
Thoughts?
Badtriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:50 AM   #26
Leencharlotte

I have a 369 (2018) and mine was wired to reverse lights. It was the yellow wire at the pin box and i moved It to the trailer lights instead
Leencharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:54 AM   #27
Hillsy

I just finished installing a Tadi Bros 90117 setup on our Impact 359. Same issue rubber plug + Yellow & White wire. Local dealer had no clue & did not bother w/ Keystone. Yellow wire only has power when backup lights are on. White is ground. I tapped off the marker light circuit (Green wire on our rig) because I want the ability to have the camera on all the time for passing, monitoring the rear, etc. So this wire has power any time the vehicle lights are on. Not sure why keystone would not prep it this way from the start or at least give us the option...JM2C
Hillsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:18 AM   #28
BobMcC

Backup Camera Wiring

I find NO consistency at all in Keystone camera wiring. I have a Carbon 357 Toy Hauler and my camera power is on ALL the time that the main battery switch is "on" (inside left side basement door - water inlet area). A friend has an Alpine and his camera power was different than mine and he could never find the fuse for it.
BobMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #29
ObiRich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinsrig View Post
As an RV tech, I can tell you that the wiring for the camera has nothing to do with the battery on the camper. The camera on the back or sides of your camper are powered by the parking lights, so you will need to turn on the parking lights when you want to view the camera. Now as far as the monitor, you may have to have your truck running if your power supply to the monitor is only on when the ignition is on.
Not necessarily true. On my 2019 Hideout 5'er, they were wired to the trailer's 12V system and were hot all the time. Found that out when I went to install the camera, and cut the wires as they were the wrong plug, and got a spark and blew a fuse in the trailer's panel. Needless to say, I capped those off and wired it to the marker light just above it.
ObiRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:08 AM   #30
rellison110

I had the same issue in my passport. Turned out the durian camera is wired into the center clearance light and they had mine wired backwards, which I corrected. Also, you have to have your running lights or headlights on to activate the camera.
Good luck
rellison110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #31
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiRich View Post
Not necessarily true. On my 2019 Hideout 5'er, they were wired to the trailer's 12V system and were hot all the time. Found that out when I went to install the camera, and cut the wires as they were the wrong plug, and got a spark and blew a fuse in the trailer's panel. Needless to say, I capped those off and wired it to the marker light just above it.
Or in the case of the Raptor the camera is wired and powered by the trailer's 12V system with an on/off switch in the garage. The monitor is powered by the truck 12V system and plugs into a round 12V receptacle. Camera works even when truck and trailer are not connected.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #32
SC GT Yellow Jacket

My 2020 Cougar 29RLD was "prewired" by the factory and I had dealer install the Furrion rear camera. I knew it was tied to the running lights for power. However, I did not think about the automatic light sensor that turns the lights on when it is dark and off when it is light. My camera kept going off in the middle of the day. Once I figured it out I just know to turn my running lights on if I want the camera to work consistently.

Check your running lights and make sure they are working, then get into the closest one to the camera mount and verify the wire colors. See if you can trace those wires to the camera mount area.
ToGo Roadlink C2
SC GT Yellow Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:19 PM   #33
Dennydj2

What kind of truck do you have . I have a Ford and my camera stopped working. Turned out a fuse was blown under the hood of the truck that provided power back to the camera.
Dennydj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:23 AM   #34
K_N_L

yellow wire for camera

I have the same camera, on ours I traced the yellow wire back up to the connection box under the pin box where the Bargman cord is terminated. I moved the yellow camper wire to the pin that powers the running lights, so 2 wires on that pin. Found the picture- it was the green pin, the camera is on anytime the running lights are on either by manual or auto mode at night.

And I had the same issue - I built a bracket out of two pieces of PVC boards to extend it out and down to clear the drip rail / ramp door and awning. Used a 1x1 for the base and a 6 inch wide trim board - all from Home Depot . It took a bit of cutting and sanding and test fitting. Used stainless screws and caulked it real good all around. Only issue is the antenna has to be leaned over to extend the awning (btw the antennas are real cheap on amazon). A bit of Rustoleum gray matched close enough. Hope that gives you some ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1239.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	29205   Click image for larger version

Name:	door.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	29207  

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:16 PM   #35
BigBobIa

I know this is a year old thread but maybe somebody who knows will see it.

My 2018 Carbon 357 just had the camera installed. It is powered by the 5er power not the truck. Battery disconnect kills it. It is on the Zone 4 fuse which includes the garage lights.

I see some raptors have a similar setup with a camera power switch in the garage. But where is this switch? That would be fine with me as better than pulling a fuse to turn the camera off. When traveling with the garage full of motorcycles and overnighting in a Walmart I can easily pull the fuse, but not an option when we are setup and using the garage and 1/2 bath.

Assuming I don’t have a switch anybody have any idea where the pre-wired Furrion wires route to? Where they tap the fused power?

I have a storage cabinet above the door from the garage that has the garage switches mounted to the bottom. Room ceiling lights, outside door light and a switch for ramp/deck lights, bed raise/lower switch, and ceiling exhaust fan open/speed. All switches accounted for, but could the camera power be here? If so easy to install my own switch.

Thanks for reading.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:34 PM   #36
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobIa View Post
I know this is a year old thread but maybe somebody who knows will see it.

My 2018 Carbon 357 just had the camera installed. It is powered by the 5er power not the truck. Battery disconnect kills it. It is on the Zone 4 fuse which includes the garage lights.

I see some raptors have a similar setup with a camera power switch in the garage. But where is this switch? That would be fine with me as better than pulling a fuse to turn the camera off. When traveling with the garage full of motorcycles and overnighting in a Walmart I can easily pull the fuse, but not an option when we are setup and using the garage and 1/2 bath.

Assuming I don’t have a switch anybody have any idea where the pre-wired Furrion wires route to? Where they tap the fused power?

I have a storage cabinet above the door from the garage that has the garage switches mounted to the bottom. Room ceiling lights, outside door light and a switch for ramp/deck lights, bed raise/lower switch, and ceiling exhaust fan open/speed. All switches accounted for, but could the camera power be here? If so easy to install my own switch.

Thanks for reading.
On the Raptor the switch was on a panel on the forward right ceiling in the garage. Had lights, bed lift and loading lights as I recall. Don't have it anymore.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:10 PM   #37
BigBobIa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
On the Raptor the switch was on a panel on the forward right ceiling in the garage. Had lights, bed lift and loading lights as I recall. Don't have it anymore.

Yup. All my switches accounted for and all off. Camera still on.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:22 PM   #38
Tobyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by aehjr View Post
Good afternoon all,

I'm trying to install a Furrion rear camera on a Fuzion 369. I pulled the rubber plug above the tailgate and found the two wires (one yellow, one white). I connected the truck to the trailer and turned on the lights. All the trailer's running lights are on but when I check the two wires (with voltmeter) that supposedly are part of the "pre-wiring" for a camera, there is no power to them.

Can anyone suggest what to troubleshoot to figure out why there is no power to those wires?

Thank you,
Alden
I have a 2018 Fuzion 369 and my prewired camera wire has no power to it either. The ground shows continuity but the power wire (yellow) has no power. The trailer is plugged into the truck and my lights are on. No other problems with lights, running, side markers, brakes or signals have any problems. Were you able to find out what was wrong with your fusion and the rear camera pre-wire for backup camera?
Toby
Tobyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:58 PM   #39
aehjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobyw View Post
I have a 2018 Fuzion 369 and my prewired camera wire has no power to it either. The ground shows continuity but the power wire (yellow) has no power. The trailer is plugged into the truck and my lights are on. No other problems with lights, running, side markers, brakes or signals have any problems. Were you able to find out what was wrong with your fusion and the rear camera pre-wire for backup camera?
Toby
Yes, I solved my issue. In my trailer, the truck had to be in reverse (backup lights on) for the camera to receive power.

To test it, I had the truck attached to trailer, emergency brake on and wheels chocked on the trailer and truck to ensure no unwanted movement while testing the circuit.
2019 KTM Super Adventure R
aehjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:07 AM   #40
BFDave333

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Apparently there is no consistency......My 2020 Cougar was pre-wired for a Furrion camera and I had the dealer install the camera prior to delivery. My lights MUST be 'on' (not 'auto') for the display to receive a signal from the camera.
I have a 2022 Fuzion 428, and it's the same for me. I have to turn on the rear lights above the ramp door to get power to my backup camera. Which is no big deal when you think about it. You will want the lights on when backing up into a spot, especially if it's starting to get dark or already is. The only problem I see with it is if you want to run your back up camera while going down the road and your driving at night. Personally, I don't like to do that, but sometimes you have no choice.
BFDave333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power