Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2020, 03:56 AM   #21
jimborokz

On our first 5er with the basic slider hitch and solid pinbox I was surprised at how much chucking I got. First thing I did was add one of those nylon lubing discs to the pin box and that eliminated 90% of the chucking. I didn't do anything further. A $10 fix.
Our current Monty came with the MorRyde hitch. I added the nylon disc right off before I ever hooked it up. I get no chucking with this set up.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:28 AM   #22
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
On our first 5er with the basic slider hitch and solid pinbox I was surprised at how much chucking I got. First thing I did was add one of those nylon lubing discs to the pin box and that eliminated 90% of the chucking. I didn't do anything further. A $10 fix.
Our current Monty came with the MorRyde hitch. I added the nylon disc right off before I ever hooked it up. I get no chucking with this set up.
Amazing how a $ 10 Teflon ring on the pin could keep the fifer from slamming at stops and go movement . Honestly I thought ring was only used as a slide to keep the two plates from metal to metal .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:54 AM   #23
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
Amazing how a $ 10 Teflon ring on the pin could keep the fifer from slamming at stops and go movement . Honestly I thought ring was only used as a slide to keep the two plates from metal to metal .
What you say is correct, and face to face lubrication is what I got it for. I'm guessing the thickness of the disc took up most of the vertical slop in the pin. All I know is most of the chucking stopped.

That was my first 5er. Maybe I just got smoother at starting and stopping as I went along.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 07:03 AM   #24
Dan Lockwood

Thanks for the comments!

My Raptor already has the disc on the pin box and the only grease I have is on the pin itself. I see my jaws on the B&W Companion hitch rides about a 1/16" from the bottom lip on the pin groove. So in my case I can see how tight it is to start with. I plan on just prying off the disc and reusing it on the new Mor-Ryde pin box.

Dan
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow