Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
RMC

Do I need to de-winterize?

Everything is closed up here until at least June 1 so we will not be able to get out before then. But the way things are looking it is possible that we will not be able to get out for the entire season.

If the trailer sits all summer do I still need to de-winterize? Or can I just leave it as is and avoid having to winterize again in the fall.
RMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #2
Lee

What method did you use to winterize?

I drain all tanks and lines then blow the lines with compressed air. I then add pink antifreeze to the sink traps and toilet bowl. By topping off the antifreeze I could go indefinitely.....

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There's more to "winterizing/de-winterizing" than antifreeze.

You still need to check the roof, the sealant, the tires/wheels, possibly the bearings. lube the jacks, clean/preserve the decals, corrosion control on exposed metal, and other "preventative maintenance"...

While the antifreeze "may/may not" be able to protect the trailer "next winter", all the rest of the preventative maintenance still needs to be done to protect the trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize