Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
beemerguy

Obtaining Warranty Service

As stated in the Keystone RV Company Owner's Manual, page 4; "Obtaining Warranty Service" . . . . "should you encounter an Emergency while traveling and need to locate an Authorized Keystone Service Center" . . . . how by looking at the Keystone website, can one obtain an actual list of "Authorized Keystone Service Centers"? If stranded and have no service centers near by, what is the solution?

Ron
beemerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I know this isn't going to completely answer your question or give you a solution but Keystone does have a 1-866 number you can call during week days if you run into an emergency situation while under warranty and they do have a "Dealer Locator" on their website. This would work only if you happen to have access to a computer and if there is one located within a reasonable distance from you.
Other than calling "someone" and asking if they do warranty work on Keystone products, I am not sure what else you can do. Phone your dealer and ask them if they can steer you on to an RV service center who would do the warranty work. Just hope that, if anything goes wrong, it isn't on Saturday or Sunday.
It would help if Keystone published in their Manual, a list of their authorized dealers and service centers so that the customer doesn't have to do all the leg work and is left searching through the Yellow Pages.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #3
beemerguy

Thanks Festus 2

I appreciate you getting back with me so soon! We just went though the exact experience and luckly Keystone approved the repair at an unauthorized shop, as there were no dealers in the area.

We will be traveling in Canada this Summer and were wondering if there are Keystone service dealers in Canada. We are a little apprehensive of our new camper, as to the landing jacks not working at times.

I bet you are aware that hand cranking these jacks up and down are not for the weak and weary travelers

Thanks again for your reply,
Ron
beemerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

RV's produced by Keystone are readily available in Canada in many provinces. Like many RV dealerships in both countries, they often sell not only Keystone products but also RV's made by other manufacturers. They are not "exclusive" Keystone distributors or dealers. Not sure where in Canada you might be travelling, but I am certain that you should be able to find dealers who sell and service Keystone RV's.
Hopefully, before you leave on your holidays, the problem you are having with your landing jacks will be solved.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
grive2400

Warranty Service

Just about any dealer who is authorized to service a THOR Industry product should be able to service your TT. THOR owns Keystone (Alpine, Avalanche, Big Sky, Bullet, Cougar, Energy, Fusion, Hideout, ..... Passport, Springdale and more); KOMFORT, Dutchman, Airstream, and Crossroads. Check out http://www.thorindustries.com. You will find a lot about a company in a short amount of time.

If not, then yes, so much for standing behind your product!

Good Luck.
grive2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:44 AM   #6
deadeye

Not a problem to find a Springdale dealer but often its the time to get a repair done. You might consider carrying an electric or battery power drill with proper socket to fit to lower or retract the legs if the regular system fails.
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
medicommrob

Warranty Service

I'm going to purchase a 2011 Passport from a dealer in Elkhart, Indiana. His price is far better than any one here in New England even after the cost of delivery or driving out to pick it up. I've been told by a couple of local dealers here that they won't perform warranty service for units bought from a wholesaler. I don't think this dealer is a wholesaler. Is that possible? Doesn't any dealer have to provide warranty service if they're a Keystone dealer?
medicommrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

"Yes", it is possible and "no" a dealer who sells Keysone products is not obligated to provide warranty service if you did not buy from them. You would think that, in order to get your future business, he would provide you with that service but many do not. Perhaps those dealers have enough or more than enough business to be able to turn down your warranty work.
You might look for a reputable RV service facility or go to a non-Keystone dealer that will do warranty work on any RV. There are many RVer's who have done this and are happy with the service they get.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:57 AM   #9
floydsheating

Talking i went with at home!

when i got my trailer there was a place in Cincinnati that was 1000 dollars cheeper than the rv dealership near me but i got to reading the reviews of the place (on google maps) i decided to get it from my home dealership plus they have fixed any issue that has come up under warrenty and i am happy with the work they do!
floydsheating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
grive2400

We were told the same thing and ended up purchasing ours at a local dealer as well. We were told that the dealer would do warranty work on a unit purchased out of state, but they would take care of their local customer's first. I don't think they can refuse to do warranty work on a product they are licensed/certified to perform repairs on. I would also check with your States Attorney General on consumer protection laws. You do have rights and if Keystone is going to continue their dealership certifications, then they also have an obligation to perform the work.

Todd G.
grive2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #11
soundman
Permanent User Ban

Warrenty (NOT)

I had the same problem, see previous post. Work is still not complete, dealer says call me back, I keep calling and still no time slot in there single bay shop.

I really like RVing and I like my TH for the money we spent, but I am so frustrated with the lack of integrity in the RV industry from the manufactures down to the service tech's that I'm considering getting out of RVing all together.

Last spring I sold my boat and decided to do some RVing , well I will be picking up my Grady White fishing boat next week. Grady White is a model company in customer service and every Grady dealer that I have seen is the same.

Do these RV manufactures, dealers & service techs even listen or read whats going on. I only look at a few forums and it is very sad to see what go's on in the RV world and I'm not sure if it will ever be any different.

RV owners have to band together if you really want change.

It only takes a few bad apples to ruin a bushel you must get ride of the bad apples to save the bushel.
soundman is offline   Reply With Quote