Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Not A Happy Camper

Angry Poor customer service

I purchased my 2012 Alpine from camping world at the RV show in Hershey PA in September, I thought I was getting a Quality RV from a reputable dealer, and for the most part was happy with the service that camping world was giving me, we did have issues at delivery which is common when buying a new RV there are always some little things wrong, in our case the RV was in good shape but the rear cabinet door had been damaged when the dealer opened the slide and the door that had popped open was caught on it and did some damage, no problem the dealer ordered a new door and hard ware and sent it to me due to me living almost 500 miles away I didn’t want to bring the RV back for something so simple to repair and the dealer agreed then the slides were suppose to have toppers and it didn’t well I agreed with the dealer to have the toppers sent to me and have them put on this did cost me more money but I saved a day and the cost of fuel to bringing the RV on a 500 mile run to have the toppers installed, the final thing was the pin box it was suppose to be a Trail Air Air Ride box, instead they installed a Trail air Rota flex pin box after talking to the gentlemen that was giving us the tour of our new RV about the pin box he convinced me that I would be happier with this box the dealer connected my truck and we took the RV home , now I received the RV in November so it went from the dealer to home where it went under a cover until the first week in march, I went to use the Trailer I noticed that the Pin box when connected to the fifth wheel hitch in my truck was not sitting correctly I have a Reese pro hitch witch is one of the most popular on the market the pin box when going into a turn lifts off the shoe on the end of the box and rids up on the box its self lifting the pin and causing an unstable and potentially dangerous situation, so I took photos of the box and sent it to the dealer who had a service man look at it and he agreed that it is the wrong box and they contacted keystone to fix it under warranty, key stone then asked me to bring the RV to a local keystone dealer to have there technician verify that this is in fact the wrong pin box I reluctantly agreed knowing moving the RV is not safe the locale dealer looked it over and agreed that the box is wrong, the people from key stone and Lippert then asked him to see if the pin box could be ground down so it would work, the local dealer said he would not do that because it is at the welds and it would weaken the box not to mention it wouldn’t solve the problem on all angles, so he contacted Keystone told them his findings this was almost 2 weeks ago in order for me to find out the status I needed to call the dealer and keystone and only then was I told I would have a pin box Wednesday of last week when it didn’t show up and I contacted the dealer I was told that I would have one but this past Thursday if not it would be Friday on late Thursday I received a call from Keystone saying they could not get a new box in time and to bring the RV to the local dealer and they would grind the box down so we could use the camper, this has been going on for a month now, I have needed to cancel 3 trips with friends and this is the best answer I can get grind it and we will work on getting you one, I guess it is easy to ignore safety, when it is not your family in danger, the best part is they told me they could not get a pin box that they were out of stock, funny I can have one the next day from an rv supply house on line but the Guys that build and manufacture it can’t get one do they think I am stupid or are they that pathetic, so this is my story I have an RV that I Paid for and Can’t Use a dealer that is putting there head in the sand, and 2 Manufacturers KEYSTONE & LIPPERTthat are doing nothing to resolve the issue and don’t seem to care about Safety, it is time to look at a different brand and dealer, but How do you find one you can trust.
Not A Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
antiqfreq

I am SO sorry that you are not a happy camper!

I am hopeful that you will get these issues resolved.

It is too bad we can't have something in our warranty papers they will give us at least a cash consideration if we must cancel work and/or trips that are scheduled over and over again for repairs. But this is not the case.

It sounds like all of your problems can be resolved - I guess how much time and frustration it will cause you is the question.

Please keep us posted on your results (and, Welcome to the forum!)

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Not A Happy Camper

Poor customer service

Jo,
It wouldn't be so bad if Keystone would do the proper thing and expedite a replacement part but when you get the run around for a month on a simple fix that is just unacceptable I am in a similar industry and I would never let one of my customers get this type of treatment.
Not A Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
laidback

see if someone has Marcus Lemois"s e-mail address. I seen it somewhere but can't remember where. He is the new CEO of camping world and Good Sams. I am sure if he gets hold of your dealer they will get the pin box next day. I've read some of the problems he has taken care of very quickly.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
sandy43

I would think the people who sold it to you would be responsible (Camping World). Their the ones that told you the wrong box installed would be ok.

The Alpine is an excellent RV, as compared to many others. Just get the pin box thing fixed and you'll be a happy camper again.

I changed mine out to a Fifth Airborne pin box. Best thing I ever done for easy comfortable pulling.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
BMcCutcheon

Keystone Customer No-Service

You are absolutely correct. Keystone Customer Service can be really lousy. When I bought my Outback 31KFW back in 2007 I had several questions that the dealer I purchased the unit at could not answer. I wound up calling the different manufacturers directly to get good answers.
BMcCutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMcCutcheon View Post
You are absolutely correct. Keystone Customer Service can be really lousy. When I bought my Outback 31KFW back in 2007 I had several questions that the dealer I purchased the unit at could not answer. I wound up calling the different manufacturers directly to get good answers.
BMcCutcheon -

I think you are confusing Keystone RV Customer Service and your dealer's customer service. It sounds as though you had a problem with your selling dealer's customer service. However, you did do the correct step in contacting the different manufacturers of the appliances for information.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
antiqfreq

Are any issues resolved ??

A month ago you posted but we are wondering what has happened since then.

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
2011 keystone

^ This may have just been a 1 time ventline for the OP.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
BMcCutcheon

Unhappy

Sorry, I'm not confused. I have called Keystone several times and get the same montra everytime. "Have your dealer contact us." I guess if you call that Great Customer Service, we must live on different planets. Luckilly, I found a new dealer that actually has it's act together and can resolve issues with Keystone.
BMcCutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote