Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
E6ret

Warranty Question

This may sound stupid, but what is the warranty on a new Keystone TT? I was stupid by assuming one year, I may be right. There is no paperwork in the trailer and I am not happy (already) with the dealer so i am not asking him. I had some repairs right after I picked it up that were really not complete so I did them correctly myself. It is easier than hooking up and driving 15 miles.
I just wondered if the warranty is one year as I assume or is it more/less
E6ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

There is a 1 year warranty on your TT. The dealer should have given you a Keystone Owner's Manual along with a few other manuals for the stereo, fridge, stove, furnace, A/C., etc. Many of these items have a 2 year warranty but you would have to check each manual for the term.
The EPDM roof will most likely have a 10 year warranty.
In the Keystone Manual, there is a section near the front which explains the warranty in greater detail and I would suggest you become familiar with it so that you know what is covered, what is not and what you need to do (or not do) to ensure your warranty does not become void. Contact your dealer and ask him to send you one or you can go to the Keystone website and download one yourself.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
E6ret

I did get all the manuals for the appliances etc. As I said, I am not happy with the dealer, so I am not going to ask them for anything.
The service I got at the dealer was bad. The water pump sounded like a thrashing machine and the refrigerator would not work. This was as soon as we got it home. I took it back and they said the refrigerator worked for them. Well, yes it did but I noticed they must have checked and done something with the electronics card for the refrigerator as they left the cover off and along with the attaching screw was left laying in the compartment. The pump, they said, only needed one of the hoses to be wrapped in some insulating foam rubber. Well, it was no better. I should have checked it before I left for home. I found that one of the screws holding the pump down was tightened all the way through the rubber mount pad and the pump was really only mounted with 3 screws and vibrating badly against the floor because of this
Now I found my slide out has caulking/sealant missing. It looks like they (in manufacturing) were sealing and ran out halfway down the seam. They must have gone to lunch and came back and forgot to finish the seam and did not even start the one on the other side. Maybe this was a Friday build and went home and forgot where they stopped when they got back on Monday.
I tried to contact Keystone twice and when they did get back to me, there was no mention of what I had written. The guy did say if I had any problems, I should contact him. I replied to that email with some items and he never got back to me.
I hope I enjoy this Cougar. I am not sure if I will ever purchase another Keystone though. Time will tell.
Corporation wise, they sure need some organization (or reorganization)!
E6ret is offline   Reply With Quote