Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #61
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyncwby View Post
I kept the Marathon spare, yea I know it's a shade smaller in diameter but I will need the 5th tire and a new 110 psi wheel as the stock spare is on a 80 psi steel wheel, just couldn't swing it $$$ at that time......... also, I just checked my vendor, "rustybore" on ebay. He is selling this tire for $188 with free shipping, this is a hellofa deal for this quality of tire. going to get my new spare and steel 110 psi wheel from him...... I hope.
Thanks, I've been watching his tires on ebay as well as another vendor with the same as stock size Maxis tires. I've always ran maxis on my motorcycle trailers and never had an issue. I'm trying to decide on maxis or the bigger sailun tires, but I'd be in the same boat with the saiun and need a new wheel for the spare with a higher rated PSI.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:11 AM   #62
Barbell

SHOV:
You asked about the weight difference between the GYs and the Sailuns. Even considering that the GYs had nearly 25,000 miles on them and two were worn down some, the Sailuns were nearly twice the weight. Also, we will air them up to 110 psi before we take off again.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #63
Cyncwby

I know I sound like a Sailun salesman, I'm not, I'm a retired So. Cal. police officer ....... to answer the weight question. I weighed them both, the almost new 235/80/16 Marathon was 37 lbs. the 235/85/16 Sailun was 67 lbs.

I was really amazed at how thick the sidewalls were and I mean like almost 1" thick, it took 2 guys with a long bar to stretch the tire onto the wheel.

Also I double checked with my vendor in regards to the wheel width, he said the Sailun supplier told him that the 6" wheel wouldn't be a problem but they do not recommend installing them on a 7" wheel, not that any of us have that size. So do your homework first and ask questions before you buy these tires, all I can say is I'm extremely happy I bought them.
Cyncwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #64
tank45

Mine were delivered last week and I had them mounted at Discount Tire this past Saturday. No kidding, the sidewalls are incredibly thick. Toss the tire on the ground and it goes "thud" and doesn't move. Toss the Towmax on ground next to it and it flops and wiggles like a fish out of water. The Towmax tire sidewalls un-flexed massively when they jacked up the trailer to remove them. The Sailuns, at 110psi, did not noticeably flex when the unit was lowered to the ground. I had them mounted on my 6" rims and they seem to be fine. My fiver weighs right around 13k lbs and I now have some peace of mind.
tank45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:21 AM   #65
CWtheMan

An update on rim size. The tire manufacturer is required by DOT regulations to identify rim sizes applicable with all tires they manufacturer.

In the picture in the reference you can find a single rim size (6.50") for the 16" Sailun tire molded onto the tire sidewall.

http://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...0235743_1_.jpg

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #66
Blrmaker

Does anybody have updates on their experiences with these? I installed a set in May and only pulled it home some 300 miles. I noticed a difference in the smoothness of the ride but was wondering if there are longer term reviews.

Thanks

2011 Fuzion 412 Touring edition III #34 of 50
'19 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW
Blrmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #67
340_Formula_S

Sailun S637 235/85/16

Bought a set of these a few weeks ago. I have a good friend who is a tire dealer. He positively assured me that if my trailer was his that the 637 Saliuns would be his choice. I had asked for Good Year Marathons and these were his recommendation. I just took a 1500 mile trip on them and his confidence was reassuring.

Elko, Va.
2012 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins High Output
2012 Cedar Creek 36B2
340_Formula_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #68
dcg9381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blrmaker View Post
Does anybody have updates on their experiences with these? I installed a set in May and only pulled it home some 300 miles. I noticed a difference in the smoothness of the ride but was wondering if there are longer term reviews.

We've put 4-5k on ours this year. Absolutely no problems. I hesitated about installing these on a 2015 unit, but every time I read about tire problems with the factory tires, it's one less thing that I have to think about.

I run 90psi in them.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:07 AM   #69
fljl

Where are the Sailuns manufactured? I heard off shore also, that is why they are so cheap.

Speed rating is L, or 75 mph.
Shopping for new 5th wheel...
fljl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #70
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljl View Post
Where are the Sailuns manufactured? I heard off shore also, that is why they are so cheap.

Speed rating is L, or 75 mph.
I believe in China. The word 沙龙 or Sailun in Chinese means "only a fool pay more"
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:42 AM   #71
JRTJH
Site Team

Sailun tires, for all the "good reports" that have been posted are manufactured in China by the parent company, Power King. Yes, the same company that manufacturers the Tow Max tires we all "complain bitterly" that are Chinese Junk....

Sailun is the "commercial tire branch" of Power King
Tow Max is the "Trailer tire branch" of Power King
Trac Master is the "Agricultural/Lawn Mower branch" of Power King

Here's the "home page" for Power King: http://www.powerkingtires.com/Home

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #72
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Sailun tires, for all the "good reports" that have been posted are manufactured in China by the parent company, Power King. Yes, the same company that manufacturers the Tow Max tires we all "complain bitterly" that are Chinese Junk....

Sailun is the "commercial tire branch" of Power King
Tow Max is the "Trailer tire branch" of Power King
Trac Master is the "Agricultural/Lawn Mower branch" of Power King

Here's the "home page" for Power King: http://www.powerkingtires.com/Home

Are you reading into this from the Power king website? They and many other brands are owned by TBC Brands, a distributor. Power King sells 2 types of Sailun tires out of the many different types Sailun make. Doesn't mean Power King makes Sailun. They are just listed for sale on the Power King website. I am pretty sure the only thing Sailun and Power King have in common is they are marketed and distributed by the same company.

http://www.tbcbrands.com/aboutus/
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote