Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #41
fla-gypsy

I sympathize with the OP's issues but with the position taken now there is no resolution to the problem. Getting mad with the whole world will benefit nothing either.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #42
04z71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-gypsy View Post
I sympathize with the OP's issues but with the position taken now there is no resolution to the problem. Getting mad with the whole world will benefit nothing either.
so let me ask you. so how long do i let myself get walked on before i say something.

should i just assume its my fault and expect to come out of pocket each trip i take?

The problem is not the fact that all these things came up (stuff happens)

Its the way they keep consistently handling it. Each time something happens i get a little more skeptical my decision to purchase from them.

I guess i just assumed i would get the same treatment i would get when purchasing a new vehicle at a dealer.....

When i worked as a service advisor i would have either been fired or payed less how they act.

i guess this is a forum and everyone is an expert
Old 10-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

don't think any of us is an "expert" in every situation, however there are many of us who have dealt with unresponsive dealerships, many of us who have had significant issues that needed to be repaired, many of us who have contacted Keystone and gotten good/or bad responses to our concerns. There are some of us who have resorted to the legal system for resolution, some who should have and wished we had, some who are glad we didn't.

So, you see, we all have some experience dealing with what you're facing. Probably none of us have the "exact professional, expert" answers to what will work for you 100% of the time.

I do think, however, using your own words, "When i worked as a service advisor i would have either been fired or payed less how they act." should give you some comfort. It's the same way at almost every dealership service facility. But, if you go in, "ripping and snorting" like an angry bull, dealership managment is going to put you on "disregard" until you calm down and approach the situation rationally and as an adult. Getting on a forum, stating that you don't trust them, that you're going to take videos of your RV so you can prove that their "inept, fat fingers" caused damage, displays to those of us who read your words that you're over-reacting, about to push the wrong buttons and I'll almost guarantee you that kind of attitude will almost always result in your being disappointed in the results.

The service advisor you speak of should be "tightened up" a bit, but screaming or making a scene will cause management to believe that you're being unreasonable because of your actions. No matter who is at fault, they will take the side of their employee almost every time if a customer starts acting stupid. I wouldn't blame them, after all, they have experience with the service advisor and you're an unknown "explosion" in the works.

How long should you "get walked on" before you react??? You shouldn't get walked on and your reaction should be to calmly and rationally seek to discuss your concerns with management. The service advisor is not management, somebody signs his paycheck. Talk to that person, if you don't get results, go higher until you do get results.

There is not a successful business that has been in operation for any length of time that consistently treats every customer like crap and remains profitable. This business isn't based on that kind of treatment either. Someone will listen to your concerns, but not with an attitude of "you'd better or I'll explode again"

So, do you really need an "expert from this forum" to tell you what to do, or do you already know, but find it the "harder and more concise" way to approach the problems ???

Only you can decide the answer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
04z71

SO................................................ .....just to make sure we are all on the same page. I tried to be super cool with them from the beginning. I guess maybe i didnt communicate this well enough. Im sorry

ive talked to gen managers, keystone rv, and etc. sales,

when my phone calls, emails didn't get returned is when i started snapping.

update:

Keystone will be covering as of right now 1 full payment.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #45
JRTJH
Site Team

Don't stop talking to the GM's and to their counterparts !!! Camp on their doorstep, be the first thing they see in the morning (even before the first cup of coffee) always greet them with a "Good morning, how is my Springdale doing today?" and a big "goo eating grin" make sure they know the grin is "fake" but sincere. Keep at it, keep a good accounting of the exchanges, don't let up and make sure they know that you mean business. Don't lose your cool, don't stop smiling and don't ever let them get under your skin.

Persistence pays

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #46
hhgrimm

2013 27rks problems

I have a 2013 27rks. I have put 13,000 mile in 4 trips. I've had many problem with the unit. Most we're fixed by the dealer. Two problems remain. A cable operated gray tank valve broke in the midst of one of our trips. When I got back from the 5 week trip the dealer replaced it. Unfortunately on the next two week trip i found that the same valve was not working properly. I was dumping gray water with out opening the valve. I called the dealer agin and they told me they are to busy to look at the problem. My warranty runs out in two weeks. I did find another Keystone dealer in the area who will look at the problem. They are not a cougar dealer. But I believe it will still be covered under the warranty since they are a Keystone dealer.
The other problem is the main slide is not aligned properly. I'm hoping to get that fixed.
I am in contact with a Keystone client rep.
I have found many Cougar owners who are not very happy with their units. Wish I had known that before I purchased my Cougar...
Old 10-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #47
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhgrimm View Post
I have a 2013 27rks. I have put 13,000 mile in 4 trips. I've had many problem with the unit. Most we're fixed by the dealer. Two problems remain. A cable operated gray tank valve broke in the midst of one of our trips. When I got back from the 5 week trip the dealer replaced it. Unfortunately on the next two week trip i found that the same valve was not working properly. I was dumping gray water with out opening the valve. I called the dealer agin and they told me they are to busy to look at the problem. My warranty runs out in two weeks. I did find another Keystone dealer in the area who will look at the problem. They are not a cougar dealer. But I believe it will still be covered under the warranty since they are a Keystone dealer.
The other problem is the main slide is not aligned properly. I'm hoping to get that fixed.
I am in contact with a Keystone client rep.
I have found many Cougar owners who are not very happy with their units. Wish I had known that before I purchased my Cougar...
First of all, welcome to the forum. As for owning a Cougar. The vast majority of Cougar owners are well pleased with their purchase. Hopefully in the future you will be as well. As for your warranty "running out in two weeks" There's no requirement to have it repaired by the dealer within the year. Notifying the dealership that there is a problem, especially one that is recurring and making sure they document it and get it scheduled for repair should be all that's needed to qualify for warranty repair. As for your slide, the warranty stipulates that slide adjustment is covered during the first 90 days of ownership. After that, alignment is not covered but any breakage or malfunction should be covered. You may have to pay for the alignment.

Again, welcome to the forum, look around and you'll find many "good things" about Cougars.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #48
SDB

Terrible service

I to bought a new Keystone passport from Mike Thompsons and there service dept is a joke as well as getting the run around from Keystone I have had the coach 7 weeks and been in the shop for 6 weeks they don't want to pay to replace the converter that the dealer blew out, plus a handful of other problems look like legal action will be next. Will never take my coach to Mike Thompsons for anything. Beware.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #49
labs4life

If the dealer blew out the converter, why will they not replace it?? No need to look to keystone for their lack of competence.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #50
fla-gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04z71 View Post
so let me ask you. so how long do i let myself get walked on before i say something.

should i just assume its my fault and expect to come out of pocket each trip i take?

The problem is not the fact that all these things came up (stuff happens)

Its the way they keep consistently handling it. Each time something happens i get a little more skeptical my decision to purchase from them.

I guess i just assumed i would get the same treatment i would get when purchasing a new vehicle at a dealer.....

When i worked as a service advisor i would have either been fired or payed less how they act.

i guess this is a forum and everyone is an expert
My only point was you will undoubtedly be labeled as a problem customer and NOT get taken seriously. The dealer, based on your reports, is incompetent and only the manufacturer is going to pull you out of this mess. Maintaining a good relationship with Keystone, and getting to the right person there is the only hope. I truly feel for your plight and I have never had the magnitude of problems you have so I am no expert but the principle is the same with resolving any issue with any maker. Once you cross a line they will blow you off and just figure you will never be a customer again and will not make an effort to try and resolve the problem. Every maker or provider of a service depends on repeat customers and once they decide it is not you, what motivation is there for them to even try to make it right? Once you reach that point then legal action is the only option. I am certain Keystone can afford more and better lawyers than you can. I hope it does not come to that and the issues can be worked out to your satisfaction.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #51
04z71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB View Post
I to bought a new Keystone passport from Mike Thompsons and there service dept is a joke as well as getting the run around from Keystone I have had the coach 7 weeks and been in the shop for 6 weeks they don't want to pay to replace the converter that the dealer blew out, plus a handful of other problems look like legal action will be next. Will never take my coach to Mike Thompsons for anything. Beware.
Sorry to here that bro. As soon as i signed the docs the place was a ghost town. no one helped with the hook up or buttoning everything or even unpluging stuff from there hook ups
Old 10-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #52
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB View Post
If as you say, the DEALER destroyed your converter, why should Keystone even be involved? It's much the same as saying, Schmuck's Ford wrecked my truck, why won't Ford's warranty pay to fix it?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #53
placergoldman

04Z71,
If you are still having issues with your unit,the Pomona RV show is going on until Sunday..Mike Thompsons have all the fractory reps there to answer any questions.I had some issues with my 2013 Cougar and talked to the Cougar reps.His name is Don Wolf..If you go ,get in touch with the saleman who sold you the unit and both of you talk to the Rep.Hope that will help you...

Tim
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #54
04z71

day 4 no call lol

i thought about it. but im not really sure whats going on with my trailer since i havent received a call back since sat. Im gonna wait til monday to flipout. i think if havent touched it or called by monday im gonna take it home and fix it myself and file a separate same claims for each thing and just call it a day
Old 10-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #55
04z71

are my expectations high no call 5 days

maybe its because i worked at a dealer i expect more.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #56
04z71

so i called friday, to find out whats going on. i was greeted with a (why are you calling voice) and told they are sending in info to keystone today for review and i may hear back later.....awesome
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #57
placergoldman

Try and see if you can get any answers from here

Customer Service

2425 Davis Drive

PO Box 2000

Goshen, IN 46527-2000

Phone (toll free): (866) 425-4369

Owner Relations Call Center Hours of Operation

Monday through Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (EDT)

Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (EDT)

Parts

Parts can only be obtained through an Authorized Keystone Dealer/Service Center. Please click on "Find a Service Center" to locate dealer nearest you.

Plant Tours (Indiana facilities)

Tour times and availability may vary. Please contact Keystone Owner Relations at 866-425-4369 or [email protected] within five business days of the date you are considering to confirm the tour time and availability.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #58
04z71

i QUOTE: I will try to contact them today. I do apologize however we are a call center and I do not know if I’ll be able to follow up with them today. I will do my best. Thank you

My question: Has MP contacted you and if so, what is the status
Old 10-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #59
04z71

9 DAYS LATER

keystone states that the stabilizer bent due to misuse and is not covered. however the slideout was covered and had loose wiring.

the propane leak is caused by the distribution valve and was covered

lol oh my extended warranty wont cover either.

so i found out its best to go small claims then full lawsuit and way cheaper
Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #60
04z71

so i decided to just pick it up from the dealer and go from ther (they win for now)

i get there couldnt find my paper work, i decided to go hookup well waiting
guess what i found
*gear locker in the front not only unlocked but swinging open!!!!!!!!!wtf
*greasy finger prints everywhere
*icying on the cake (they lost my door keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):banghead :

oh and on a lighter note 2 grey and blackwater tank full
everything was empty when i dropped it off

so far the service advisors excuses
SA: doors open because they needed to do a leak down test.
ME: for what
SA: to check for leaks
ME: um the propane leak was no where near the area and nothing runs in this locker other than my missing power drill
SA: we dont keep inventory of your possesions
ME: you shouldnt have to because you had no business in there
SA: duh..............
ME: you and your manager need to call me with a better explanation
Closed Thread