Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
tomjanski

2009 3602RL Raptor

I purchased a 2009 Raptor 3602RL in October 2009 during the Hershey, PA. RV camping show. I am so displeased with Keystone and Camping world on the quality of craftsmanship of the unit. First, I would like to slam camping world for selling a unit and not checking the complete thing out before a customer picks it up. I picked up my unit at a Hotel in Grantville, PA on 31 October 2009 and the unit was winterized, so I figured everything was checked and prepared. Well I opened up my RV in May 2010 and found so many problems such as all kind of mold in the bedroom slideout because it had a leak somewhere, all my grey water pipes going into the grey water tank were disconnected (not hooked up) from the manufacture, grey water tank was cracked, holes were drilled (Screws) through the black water flush line causing a major leak under the camper, The whole bedroom slide out had to be rebuilt do to water damage. I guess I don't know why some of these were not caught by quality control at the factory and if camping world did the proper prep job before releasing the camper they would have caught most of the problems. I am so displeased with Keystone and Camping World and I will never do business at a RV show or Camping World. By the way I live Near Bradford RV in Brockton, MA and I commend them for correcting all Keystones mistakes. I will buy local next time!!!!! You may save a few dollars at the RV show, but in the long run you need to make sure someone will take transient customers. The closest Camping World in over 100 miles away in New Hampshire. I am not a pleased customer of Keystone and will not buy a keystone product again!!!!
tomjanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Some of the problems with your RV as you have outlined them in your post would certainly indicate some shoddy Keystone workmanship and quality control with this particular unit - disconnected grey water pipe and screw holes in the black water flush line. I am assuming that you did a thorough and comprehensive walk through of the unit before you cut Camping World a cheque. I am also assuming that you tested out your water and drainage system when you brought it home for storage over the winter. It seems that your Raptor was left for 6 months, from November to April before you opened it up and checked it. Perhaps I am not fully understanding your post but I am wondering why you left it for half a year before opening it up and routinely and periodically checking it - especially for any dampness or signs of leakage - in and around slides especially.
I appreciate and understand your anger and frustration with Keystone and Camping World for "not doing a good prep job before releasing it to you". Having said that, I am wondering if some of your problems could have been avoided or minimized by not leaving it sit for 6 months without being checked on by its owner?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
tomjanski

When I picked up this unit from Grantville, PA it was a temperary site that camping world was working out of in a large hotel parking lot (very limited resourses). I did a walk through of the RV and basically only did a visual inspection because the unit was winterized and of course it was October 31 and the waether was getting cold and I assumed the unit had passed all inspections done by camping world. I learned the hard way and I now will have everything checked in person by the selling dealer with me overlooking. I parked the unit over winter and went in it periodically, but never opened the closet doors till late spring and thats when I noticed the mold and water damage. As for the leaks I found when I hooked the water up and was dewinterizing the unit. It is shoody work at keystone to let a camper leave a site without inspecting all the plumbing. You figure there should be some sort of inspections. Well you know when assume it make a *** of you and me. Leson learned check your **** out before you buy it or finalized all paperwork. All problems were and are being covered by warrenty thank god! Tom
Old 08-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Wow, that sounds EXACTLY as bad as mine. Had the same dealer a year ago with the same model. Things kept going wrong, and Keystone wanted to take mine back to the factory to fix it. Used it last week for the first time since I got it back, same problem as day 1!!! And now customer service Tim Nusbaum doesn't return my call! Finally had enough of Keystone and am working on getting back to Forest River with an XLR.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
dilligaf1

Guess we got lucky with ours

Purchased a 2010 Raptor 3062RL last month that has been in constant use since the purchase. After seeing the other posts, I consider us pretty lucky. The only thing that doesn't work right is the fresh water idiot light shows full, even when empty. Granted, the garage is pretty full with 2 recliners and a full dress Harley back there, but we did our homework and made a checklist of everything we wanted to verify with the dealer and prep-mechanic before I would hand over the payment. I gave them 2 days to make sure everything was up to snuff before I would accept it, which gave them time to test everything before we would take it. They had to endure 3 hours of pulling access panels, checking water lines under pressure, load testing the generator, anything my wife and I had on the list had to be verified visually by us.
It is no different than buying a house, do you take the word of the realtor that everything is right?
Personally, we couldn't be happier with Keystone on this unit and with the dealership who went above and beyond to make sure everything was right.
dilligaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
Flyguy

And that's what it takes, your analogy that it's more like a house than a car purchase is correct, and I congratulate you for doing your homework and holding the dealer to the flame by with holding payment until everything was checked and fixed if broken! We need to see more of this from buyers on this forum.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
rwdl60

It really does come down to the dealer. I also bought a Raptor 3602 (a 2008 model) and have only had two minor problems. The main drain below our shower had a slow leak and two bolts holding our rear garage door ramp handle came lose. Both fixed in one day by our dealer (RV Outlet Mall in Georgetown Texas).

I also had a blow out at only 300 miles, but since the dealer replaced a center shackle bolt on our camper that must have came lose right when be picked up the trailer, I now have more than 6,000 miles on those China Mission 16inch tire bombs – so far so good. New camper owners please check your axel bolts!

When we bought our camper, the dealer insisted that they check it out for 4 days (a company policy). I happen to visit the dealer on day 2 to confirm that the 2nd AC we order, was going to be installed. Well, the financial officer offered me to go look inside the Raptor anyway, and when I walked into the camper, the entire vinyl floor covering was pulled, every cabinet door was removed, and 4 guys were working in there like mad men. RV Outlet Mall really took the time to insure everything was just right. I was told that their service personnel were all former RV manufactures, so they know how to fix, install and inspect RV’s, well, it really has help us out a lot.

We’ve had our Raptor 3602 for over a year and ½ half now, and every system has been working fine (well maybe, looks like the gray and black tank sensors are off a bit). We’ve been in both winter blizzards and summer 114 heat waves, and have managed to live through both ok.

I’ve personally have added several items to the camper (3rd AC with thermostat, Dexter Rubber Shackles, window coverings, boat ramp, Satellite cable hatch, extra spare tire winch – I have 2 spare tires mounted below the garage area now, lighted control panel switches, extra plywood flooring in garage area, inside decorative mirrors, progressive industries monitoring system, extra Raptor vinyl stickers, Demco Glide Ride, and slide out covers – my dealer installed the slide out covers and Demco Glide Ride.

I also have personally broke several items myself, our main awning arm was bent on our open garage door hatch, and I ruptured a rear slide out hose when installing our boat ramp – I replaced the entire rear slide hydraulic hose myself, and my dealer replaced the bent main awing arm.

You should NOT have any leaking hoses, unconnected gray water lines, and screw holes in your tanks. BLAME YOUR DEALER and be careful about buying a trailer at a Camping Show!
rwdl60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #8
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Don't understand how you could hold a dealer responsible for plumbing issues and screws in the tank. The dealer didn't build it. Sounds like your dealer goes above and beyond, which is very rare in this industry. Just as a comparison, I have the same model as you, a 3602RL took delivery in Sept 09.
To date it has had the rear linoleum replaced, rear slideout floor repaired where it came unattached from the wall. small rear fridge replaced, numerous pieces of trim in living area and garage replaced. Installed remote fan in rear bath as original was not accessible since it's 11 feet off the floor. A/C leaked into living area, Shower has leaked and attempted repair 3 times, took the carpet out of basement cause it was soaked and replaced with linoleum, wardrobe slide was replaced due to water/mold damage. Sent me $250 to cover my upgraded mattress that may have gotten mold in it. Replaced all carpeting in unit. Rear seal on ramp door, Tv/stereo system they let someone steal while they had it, and had to re-do a mold certification. And we got to use it 6 times!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Sorry- meant Sept. of 2008. And also forgot that it was delivered with no kitchen table and no rear air mattress. Table doesn't fit right when you try to use it for a bed now, either.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
tomjanski

I also had to have a 32 inch HDTV replaced made by Sansui. I guess the LCD Panel was no good and the company that makes the TV Orion just decided to replace it with a new one. I also had to have my ceiling fan replaced in my 3602RL because of the cieilng height in the 2nd bathroom since there was no wall switch and keystone decided to put a fan with remote. I cannot believe that the builder/engineers would even let the RV pass without a switch since the cieling is about nine feet high. I guess I just bought a RV that was made on a Monday or Friday or thay had a disgruntled employee who was about to be fired. This is all in addition to the below!

Front bedroom wardrobe slide was leaking and had to be repaired because of mold and mildew.

Plumbing was not hooked up to the grey water tank and the tank was cracked.

Screw was drilled throught the black water flush line.

Fenders cracked on both sides because of cheap plastic.

all dump handles were cracked/brokem.

Curtains over rear U Sofa were installed incorrectly with the same velcro on the curtain and wall.

Leaking fresh water fill tank.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Tom, yours and mine must be twins! I had to laugh at the velcro curtain in the garage- mine was actually stapled to the wall BACKWARDS! And those dump handles, mine were labeled wrong. You would think these things would be an embarrasment to Keystone, but it sure seems like they don't care. They took mine back to the factory cause of all the mold in the wardrobe slide, rep said they always got damaged during shipping. Having a hard time getting them to call me back now, as after 3 attempts the shower still leaks and gets the bedroom floor all wet. FWIW- the Hershey show is coming up again in Sept. Been looking around for different mfgs. cause I can't deal ith this anymore, at least going to look and see what's available. If you want, PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you a great picture of the back of my Raptor.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #12
tomjanski

Mike, I did not even get to use the shower yet since I picked it up in Oct of 2009. It is at the shop now geting fixed because the plumbing was not hooked up to the grey water tank and all the water was dumping in the under belly. I will do another through check when I get it back since the one year warrenty is about to expire in Oct 2010.

Note: E-mail address has been deleted, use PM feature of this forum for this.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #13
Flyguy

Please use the PM feature of this forum to exchange e-mails; it is not a good idea to expose your e-mails on the forum even though posting does allow for this.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote