Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Ozarkcamper

Exclamation 2007 Keystone Montana Decals

The decals on our 2007 Montana which is kept under a RV Port when not in use has the decals deteriorating and/or peeling off. I have been a Keystone buddy but this is really starting to irritate me. I always keep care and maintain all equipment I own and enjoy showing it off when in use however it is kind of embarrassing to pull into a camp site and fellow campers coming over and ooohhhing and aaaahhhing at my decals. I would hope that Keystone would replace the decals just for the PR if nothing else! Getting very frustrated and would love to hear from someone at Keystone to help with this issue.
2007 Keystone Montana 3400RL, with bad decals, pulled by a 2012 F-350 Lariet with 6.7L Powerstroke. Best pulling truck I have had. Me old 2007 GMC Duramax/Allison shot craps going up very steep incline and the tranny couldn't handle it.
Ozarkcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Unless someone at Keystone does a complete turn-a-round, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to do anything with your decal issue. If you haven't already approached Keystone and requested replacements, don't be surprised if you hear someone say, "Sorry, we'd like to help you but your warranty expired several years ago".

I have heard of a few members who have had similar problems and were sent replacement decals at no cost but Keystone would not pay for the removal or application of the new ones. However, these members were only 1 or 2 years beyond the expiration date of their warranty however not 6 years as is your case.

Whatever the cause of the failing or inferior decals, I wouldn't expect Keystone to do much, if anything, for you.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Ozarkcamper

Decals

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeh, I know that it is a 2007 however whenever it is not is use it sits under an RV Port here at the house. You would think that Keystone would go back to their vendor for their decals and insist upon replacement instead of getting a bad rap? The OEM that sold them to Keystone had to have some very poor engineering as even a poor firm would have tested them for shrinkage, peeling, discoloration etc. There is apparently too much petroleum in them or they would not shrink and peel the way they do. Again, thanks for the feedback!
2007 Keystone Montana 3400RL, with bad decals, pulled by a 2012 F-350 Lariet with 6.7L Powerstroke. Best pulling truck I have had. Me old 2007 GMC Duramax/Allison shot craps going up very steep incline and the tranny couldn't handle it.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
rllwilson

Angry keystone decals

I wish you luck with Keystone. After 4 different people at Keystone and being referred to the wrong decal manufacturer twice regarding my peeling decals on my 2010 which I bought new in 2011 I resigned myself to disgust and to share my customer no service experience with all who would listen. The decals started curling when I had had he trailer a little more than a year. I got the "sorry out of warranty " response and was sent back to camping world to buy replacements. They couldn't even find the decal manufacturer. I also was speaking with the customer service individual who had received nice comments about sending replacement decals to others in t past but not now. They just don't understand that the best kind of customer. Is a repeat customer... That's not me!
rllwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
PA5er

I was down this road with Keystone. Took pics and emailed with a nice note and mentioned that my Montana was a poor looking billboard for the brand. I received an email back from Keystone stating that the warranty had expired on my 2007 but they would keep the pics on file. OK. The end.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
Bushman512000

2007 old but goody

Just clean them off as I did to My 2008 looks good to Me and never had any one say different...Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Pentagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkcamper View Post
The decals on our 2007 Montana which is kept under a RV Port when not in use has the decals deteriorating and/or peeling off. I have been a Keystone buddy but this is really starting to irritate me. I always keep care and maintain all equipment I own and enjoy showing it off when in use however it is kind of embarrassing to pull into a camp site and fellow campers coming over and ooohhhing and aaaahhhing at my decals. I would hope that Keystone would replace the decals just for the PR if nothing else! Getting very frustrated and would love to hear from someone at Keystone to help with this issue.
3 months ago I bought a new 2013 Mountaineer, the "N" has peeled off I have been waiting 2 month for this. still nothing
Pentagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Two Shepherds

I got one front decal set free after it burned off in 8 months. They said they changed manufacturers in 2011? But when the rest of them peeled off after a year they gave me this stone cold no and told me I would have to buy new stickers from a Keystone dealer:

Good Morning Terry,

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. We are in receipt of and have reviewed your e-mail relative to your decal issue. Keystone RV provides a One Year Limited Warranty with each unit we sell. The original warranty expired 03/24/2011. We regret we cannot participate with providing you with parts or labor at this time. We do appreciate the opportunity to review this request

Thank you,

Cory Germann
Owner Relations
Ph: (866)-425-4369
Fax: (866)-273-1451
[email protected]
Two Shepherds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
Ozarkcamper

Smile 2007 Keystone Montana Decals 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkcamper View Post
Well folks, I must say that my faith in Keystone has been restored. For all you skeptics that wrote about the 5r being out of warranty and a company has to make money blah blah blah, well a good long lasting company knows they must take care of the customers who take care of them. Keystone has stood behind their product and more specifically the decals on my 2007. They have been very cooperative and helpful with getting me a complete set of decals. I am to remove and replace at my own cost which I think is fair. Anyway, for those of you who know how a company should operate, and can talk to them, don't give up. Any good company understands when they purchase a product from a supplier,, the supplier should stand behind it. There is always a supplier who can make a better product for the same money considering the changes in materials and technology. If I wanted a cheap RV I would have bought one and probably wouldn't complain about decals. Thanks Keystone for having the supplier of decals replace them and standing behind a great RV!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post

Whatever the cause of the failing or inferior decals, I wouldn't expect Keystone to do much, if anything, for you.
I was one of those skeptics and to be honest I'm pleasantly surprised that Keystone sent you a new set. It must have been due, in part, to your diplomacy and persistence in dealing with them. Good for you and for Keystone and happy to hear that your story has a happy ending.