Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #41
dwhite22

What Lippert told me

Contacted Lippert yesterday, they told me to change one quart in the Hydraulic fluid. Take 1/2 quart of fluid out with a turkey baster or vacume pump. Replace the fluid with 15w Racing Fork Oil, (Found at any motorcycle shop,) retract the jacks all the way, then remove and replace 1/2 quart more of the fluid. After the system cycles afew times, the popping will stop, or be substantially reduced. The reason the wood blocks may work is it limits the transfer of heat to the jacks. Lippert advised me the whole issue resolves around pressure and the change of pressure due to heat or cold.
dwhite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #42
Bigg-limo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite22 View Post
Contacted Lippert yesterday, they told me to change one quart in the Hydraulic fluid. Take 1/2 quart of fluid out with a turkey baster or vacume pump. Replace the fluid with 15w Racing Fork Oil, (Found at any motorcycle shop,) retract the jacks all the way, then remove and replace 1/2 quart more of the fluid. After the system cycles afew times, the popping will stop, or be substantially reduced. The reason the wood blocks may work is it limits the transfer of heat to the jacks. Lippert advised me the whole issue resolves around pressure and the change of pressure due to heat or cold.
Had mine in the shop for the same reason,...solenoid is what the cause of the problem.
Bigg-limo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #43
GaryBro

Fix from Lippert

I just received this today from Lippert customer support. It goes into a little bit more detail than the previous post.

Introduction:
If there is a popping noise in a Lippert Leveling system, Lippert has approved adding a quart of anti-stiction
fluid. Approved fluids are listed by brand name and fluid characteristics below:
1. Torco RFF Grade 15 (Fig. 1)
2. Maxima Fork Oil Grade 15 (Fig. 2)
3. Caterpillar Hydraulic Oil Additive 1U-9891 (Fig. 3)
For maximum results in the shortest amount of time, please follow the preparation and procedure exactly
as written below. Failure to follow the preparation and procedure may result in delayed resolution of the
audible disturbance.
Preparation:
1. Obtain a clean container (large enough to hold a quart of fluid)
2. Obtain a fluid extraction device (siphon, turkey baster, etc.)
3. Fully retract all hydraulic cylinders and jacks.
Process:
1. Using the fluid extraction device, remove one quart of fluid from the power unit reservoir.
2. Add 1/2 quart of the specified fluid.
3. Extend all hydraulic cylinders and jacks fully.
4. Add the remaining amount of the specified fluid.
5. Fully retract all hydraulic cylinders and jacks.
6. Run the Auto-Level feature on the Level-Up system per the instructions found in the Owner's Manual.
NOTE: If the noise persists, the addition of a second quart may be necessary. Follow steps 1 through 6.
2014 Sherco 250
GaryBro is offline   Reply With Quote