Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
floridadevin

Water Damage to Keystone Hornet Retreat. Need Advice

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my situation.
I have a Keystone Hornet Retreat DQDS with the big sliding door window.

Mine looks similar to this one:

http://antioch-illinois.olx.com/2007...-iid-502922424

I had it in storage for a long time. During this time, rain entered in the unit through the sliding glass door and caused major water damage to the flooring in the main living room and second bedroom.

I contacted Keystone and they e-mailed me back with this "

Good Morning:

I have received your web inquiry and reviewed your file. You stated that you believed it was a manufacturing defect and feel that Keystone should participate. You would need to take the unit to an authorized Keystone dealer for an inspection, please note this may be an out of pocket expense as your One Year Limited Keystone Warranty did expire on 4/1/2008. If they feel it is a manufacturing defect they can submit a preauthorization to us for review. Please understand this is not a guarantee for participation. To locate a dealer near you please visit the dealer/service center locator section of our website www.keystonerv.com.

Thank you,

Keystone RV

Christy Anglemyer

Retail Advisor"

I just dropped it off today to a dealer in San Diego called RV Solutions for an estimate to redo the floors. Rick, my service advisor says insurance or Keysone will not cover the damage. Is Rick right? Rick seems to claim it is regular wear and tear. I don't know about that..... He is getting me an estimate but thinks the damage to repair will be about 5,000 to 8,000 dollars to replace the floors. Shouldn't he be trying to contact Keystone? They are charging me $250 for a 2 hour estimate.

-Patty
floridadevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

So that we can help out, please describe the types of inspections, maintenance items you performed, how frequently, and when... This will help us understand more about your trailer.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote