Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Befuzzled

6 times your out?

Does anyone have any idea how many tries Keystone gets to try and get your problems fixed? My new camper has been in for repair 6 times for the same thing in the last year. I think the next thing they are going to want is to bring my camper to Indiana. We have only used it 2 times. I understand that the warranty says they will repair it, but when is enough/enough? I appreciate that they offer to fix it, however, I just think it is extreme that they can keep trying endlessly and what if it is still not repaired and the warranty runs out? We didnt have it to use Spring, Summer, and Fall. Of course, we wont use it in the winter and then the warranty will run out. Am I stuck with a camper that doesn't work? Has anyone ever heard that Keystone would replace the camper with a camper that works? Just wondering
Befuzzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
DrSmart

What is it they can't fix????????
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:15 AM   #3
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Keystone bought back every Zeppelin 303 that went back with a complaint.. What do you have and what is the problem?
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
antiqfreq

Welcome to the forum.

I note that this is your first post here.

Would you like to give us more information about your particular problem?
Or do you just want us to know you have a problem?

Also, what contact have you had with Keystone directly which would be in addition to any contact you had with your dealer (who obviously you are having no success with in getting your rv repaired).??

Please give us a little more information - possibly a member here has some insight for you!

Jo/Moderator
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
Befuzzled

My wife posted some problems we had with our Sprinter 2010. And now we have encountered a few more since her initial posts. Initially the computer board burned out and it was taken to the dealer for repair (after a few weeks of ownership). Then we took it home and went camping and returned and the slide out wouldnt work. Took it back to the dealer for repair and the motor was burned out. Brought it home and tried it, the slide out would not work. Took it back to the dealer and the motor was again burned out. Keystone sent an independent repairman to our house and he said the slideout motor was again burned out. He also found that the rails were bent underneath the slide. Keystone had us take the camper to yet another dealership. They have had our camper for the last 3 weeks. They put all new rails, brackets, new motor on. I got a call on Friday that they need to order more parts i.e. switch,another motor, gears because the slideout is "vibrating" and the clutch won't catch(after doing a total repair). The repairman said the trailer is still not customer friendly. Has anyone out there encountered such problems? I'm just worried what happens when the warranty runs out and if/when we have problems. We bought a camper new and now it is rebuilt. At first Keystone wasnt as helpful as I feel they could be. Now, they seem to be concerned, however, we are worried about the future with this camper. We have had such a bad experience with it that I don't see how we can get any enjoyment in the future out of a camper that has given us nothing but problems. SOmeone brought up the point to me today that I have been paying insurance on a trailer that we haven't been able to use. Any advice anyone can give me or answer to the slideout motor problems would be more than welcome.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #6
campingcpl

You might want to check out this web sit. It might give you some insight on what forms of recourse you have on possibly getting a new trailer. I hope this will help you out. Sorry that you are having so much trouble with your unit. http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/lemon-RV.htm

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Befuzzled

Thanks so much.....I'm gonna check it out! Update....no work from Keystone since Friday and they said the part would be overnighted on Friday.....hmmm. I so want to go camping this weekend!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
Befuzzled

So...they called us and said "The slideout is fixed and it is working perfectly fine". I asked if the remote to the slideout was working as that has been an issue also in the past (and I emailed her the day before to make sure it worked). Carmen responded "The slideout is fixed". SO I left work an hour early so that we could go get our camper. GUess what.....when I called the repairshop to make sure the slide doesnt work he had no idea there was even a remote. He called me back after an hour and said the slide doesnt sound right when using the remote so he would like another day to work on it. So...the camper slideout is still not working perfectly fine. I told her I left work early and lost money...she totally ignored that fact.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
DFreiberger

Failing Slide out

I can feel your pain. I do not have any advice for the slide problem, but I would suggest when all is said and done, that you get keystone to extend the warranty the slide for an additional full year even thought the remaining RV warranty has expired. Good luck.
DFreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFreiberger View Post
I can feel your pain. I do not have any advice for the slide problem, but I would suggest when all is said and done, that you get keystone to extend the warranty the slide for an additional full year even thought the remaining RV warranty has expired. Good luck.
And have you ever tried this? From personal experience, I will tell you Keystone's response is- Industry standard is a 1 year warranty. Doesn't matter when they fixed anything, it goes by the in - service date if the rig. I fought with them constatntly to get a warranty on my floor, since their mfg. process soaked the whole front of my trailer with water. Not my fault they didn't build it right or that they or the dealer still haven't fixed the leak, but I'm stuck with a rig that could eventually have water damage because of them. Since my rig was returned to the factory with very unflattering remarks written on the back of it, they decided to grant me a whopping 7 year extension on the floor. Then on top of that, when they sent it back they never included the paperwork, and it took another round of phone calls and hassling customer service to get what they actually promised.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #11
RaptorMan

I have a 2010 300 mp Raptor toy hauler, I have had nothing but trouble, I'm going to just trade it in just to get rid of this junk. I have talked to keystone and they don't give a rats ^%$ about us. I can't understand how they can just sit back and do nothing. Now I have to take a BIG loss when I trade it in. So long keystone.
RaptorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #12
Pennsylvaniasprinter

Wow....7 years!!!!! The going back and forth is still a work in progress. They have offered a little extention, however, now we are getting water in the window areas (2 different windows) so it looks like there is a leak that is letting water in now. So now I have to wait for a good rainstorm to see where the camper is going to have water in it next.

Honestly, we have had enough. This is a lemo...!

Thanks for responding!
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Yeah, 7 years, great, huh? And the best part is they still didn't fix it. I have half a mind to just let it flood and rot the whole floor out so they have to fix it right. The wonderful people in their customer service have done a masterful job avoiding me. Been calling them and e-mailed them and my good friend Tim just keeps pushing me off to someone else. Then we start the whole phone tag thing all over again. And now it looks like there's an issue with the rear wall, as it looks like it is buckling at the bottom and side. So what kind of deal are they offering you?
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote