Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
roadglide

RV repair club

I ran across this site researching solar power http://www.rvrepairclub.com/?utm_med...ailAttribute1% It cost 39 dollars a year but alot of bang for the buck.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If I wasn't versed in all things RV, it might be worth the $$. LOL

But seriously, you could probably find just about everything on you tube, and what's not there is here...all free.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:23 AM   #3
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If I wasn't versed in all things RV, it might be worth the $$. LOL

But seriously, you could probably find just about everything on you tube, and what's not there is here...all free.
that is true but i'm into easy finding of national parks. I have not paid because there is enough free preview videos to get me started.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:34 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I didn't see any directory. I'm not trying to be negative, to each their own. I suppose there will be those that pay and use all the services offered but I know I won't be one of them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:57 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Over the years, I've found that when I "pay for information" I usually get a biased, advertiser based agenda that's "aimed at those who have one type of goal in mind".... That said, to date, I've never found an eclectic information service that caters to "young/old, family/couple, motorhome/trailer, full service/dry camping, travel long distances/short distances, carnival atmosphere/quiet days and evenings," and the list goes on and on...... It seems that there's always bias toward the advertisers who pay the most, whether they are really "better or not".... Much like there's only one inside front cover and one back cover on each issue of Trailer Life. The one with the most money gets the best exposure (even if it's not the best value)....

So far, all of the "subscription info clubs" have been "OK" at first, but within a short time, they no longer cater to our needs, but rather to "generic ideas" that usually appeal to nobody but the advertisers. I'm tired of "free weekends with a short orientation of our property" and "join us for a leisurely, fun filled vacation"....

To each his own, but for me and the way I maintain my RV, the things I don't know I can find on the internet or simply ask in this forum (or others) or ask the friendly people at the RV service center. As for travel, I prefer to "go my own way" rather than use someone else's "recently updated information" and follow their trail. I've got better use for my "retirement income" than to pay someone to tell me where to go. After all those years of "following the boss's directions and then when I was in business for myself, following all the government and insurance company directives, I'm at the stage in my life where I'll follow my instincts and my own ideas without paying someone to "show me the way"....

For those who "get their skirt blown up" with subscription services, I say, GO FOR IT !!!! It's just not my cup of tea.......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #6
roadglide

I normally try it 1 time . Like the duramax forums I paid for that and got super member something like that consumer reports , harley forums. take our Keystone forums there is no donations or much to sell and how could it be running with out somebody donating there time? I spend a lot of my time on forums. Chuckster all the links are at the top of the web page. JRTJH grate reply and non bisa .