Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Iowahawki

2010 345 DBQ remote works manual switches dont

Any ideas on what would cause the manual switches for jacks, rear stabilizers and slides to fail while the remote still works? I have checked the fuse block and thermal overloads no issues there. Think it will take a new control box ($230)? Anybody else had this issue?
Iowahawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowahawki View Post
Any ideas on what would cause the manual switches for jacks, rear stabilizers and slides to fail while the remote still works? I have checked the fuse block and thermal overloads no issues there. Think it will take a new control box ($230)? Anybody else had this issue?

Pull the switch out, and make sure a wire did not fall off.....i had one pop off the back on a light switch
chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
KanTC

Welcome to the forum Iowahawki.

Although we don't have the 'remote', some of the members here have previously discussed situations similar to yours.
IF I remember correctly, there are some circumstances in which the remote system over-rides the manual switches, and
I 'think' one of things was a problem with the battery in the remote - may need to be replaced. Also, if your remote has
an on/off mode, the remote may need to be 'off' in order for the manual switches to work correctly.

The forum is pretty quiet today, but in the meantime you might also try doing a forum search using the words:
"remote" OR "rear stabilizers" (without quotations).

Hope this helps!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 AM   #4
Iowahawki

Thanks for the suggestions.

Made sure the remote was off, and the battery is good as it will operate the equipment mentioned. Ran a tester on the positive terminal of the control box and have power there. Put the tester on the positive terminal of the "TO MANUAL SWITCHES" and nothing. Apparently there is a short in the control box. Looks like going to need to replace it. Not sure if there is a way to fix the control box?
Iowahawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #5
Ptesi

Had the same problem

I had the same problem with my Montana 345dbq. It turned out to be a bad ground. I have had so many problems with mine I just traded it. Be careful to look at rear slide outs. They pop in and out at the top as you are going down the road. I was told that they couldn't be fixed because it was a design flaw. Ours was a nightmare hope you have better luck.
Ptesi is offline   Reply With Quote