Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2014, 06:42 AM   #21
DiverB

When I still had my Gearbox TH, I had 2 blowouts. First one was with the stock junk tires, and then I quickly learned the first thing a new RV owner does is replace the tires. I bought tires from Discount Tire and paid for the $15 warranty, and wouldn't you know it two years later I was nearly 1700 miles from home and had another blow out. Luck for me there was a Discount Tire about 60 miles away, I got a new tire mounted and balanced for free and all I paid was another $15 for the warranty.

My new Fuzion once I but it will get new tires from Discount Tire ASAP
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - Custom Tuned, 5" TBE, ATS Tranny, ARP Head studs, EGR Cooler delete, S&B intake, GDP intake horn, EDGE CTS w/turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump, pac-brake airbags, Mag Hytec diff covers, B&W 20K hitch, AMSOIL everywhere

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/199482.png
DiverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #22
DieselMatt

Update: I never made it this weekend. The deadline to remove studded tires is tomorrow so needless to say, they were VERY busy. However, I did call and talk to them about the tires. They can order the Maxxis tires for me. That said, I did more research on the NEW Carlisle tire design and so far the majority of the reviews are positive. When I researched them before I didn't realize there was a new design and therefore didn't limit my search to the past year. That said, I'm going to go with the Carlisle tires from Discount. If everything goes according to plan I'll have them put on Weds. I'll post up pics once they are on.

Thank you everyone for all your inputs. I know that choosing a place to buy tires from seems frivolous, but for me it isn't due to the fact that we move every 3-4 years.

TV - 2006 F250
TH - 2008 Fuzion 362

DieselMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #23
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselMatt View Post
I am getting ready to purchase new tires for the hauler. While I am concerned about the brand of tire, I am also concerned about where I buy it from. We will be doing quite a bit of traveling all over the U.S. As a result, I would really like to do business with a company that has locations all over. The two places I am considering at this time are Discount tire (America's Tire) and Costco. Both of these have locations all over that we could get to fairly easily in the case of a blowout and I need to warranty a tire with the company. By warranty the tire I mean utilize the "certificates" that Discount Tire and Costco sell along with their tires that covers replacement in the case of incidentals.

Am I being logical or would you guys recommend just going to some local shop that sells the tires cheaper? Please share your thoughts!
Carlisle Radial Trail RH. American made and available from Discount tire, Also American made. I did extensive research and made many phone calls. Check my thread " What I learned, and now, know about tires." This should help with your decision.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 AM   #24
denverpilot

I went with Discount since I've been doing business there for many years and they have never treated me wrong.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #25
DieselMatt

Finally made it over to Discount Tire today. I went with the Carlisle Trail RH E rated. I wasn't going to get their "certificates", but they gave me a great offer on them and I went ahead and got them. I've always bought tires from Discount and they have not yet treated me wrong. I should have just gone with them in the first place, but I was scared due to reading all the horror stories of blowouts. I wanted to make sure I made the right choice, and I believe I did. I was unable to take pictures today, but I will and I'll post them up.

Thanks again to everyone for their input and help!

TV - 2006 F250
TH - 2008 Fuzion 362

DieselMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #26
Festus2
Site Team

Matt -
Here's hoping that we'll hear from you again in a few years telling us that the Carlisles are still on your Fuzion and still lookin' good.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #27
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Matt -
Here's hoping that we'll here from you again in a few years telling us that the Carlisles are still on your Fuzion and still lookin' good.
Here is a new page from Carlisle Tire. They now say that their tires should have a speed code on them. In the absents of any code the maximum speed restriction is 62 MPH.

http://www.carlisletransportationpro...m/about-us/faq

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #28
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Here is a new page from Carlisle Tire. They now say that their tires should have a speed code on them. In the absents of any code the maximum speed restriction is 62 MPH.

http://www.carlisletransportationpro...m/about-us/faq

CW
I also purchased 4 new RH from Carlisle. I did an extensive post under tires, tires, tires. In that I mentioned my talk with the engineer at Carlisle. He said exactly this. Watch for the removal of the speed limitation. While he didn't say exactly to look for a speed code rating, when asked, he told me that I would be good to go with lifting the speed rating on my tires. I bought mine last month before this news came out. But, I am gonna look for this code on my tires.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote