Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2019, 04:39 AM   #1
Boomer50

Question 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS Tank valve sizes

Hi everyone,
I have searched the forum and read may posts about the dump valves / tanks. However, I could not find a definitive answer. My trailer has the Astrofoil Insulated Underbelly and the valves are above that. My two discharge lines are 3" coming through the insulation. The rear is for both the black and grey water tanks (2 valves) The front has one and is for the Galley tank.

I know the Black water dump valve is 3". What I do not know is, is the back grey water tank 3" or is it 1.5" with an adapter to 3"? Also, what size is my Galley tank valve?

I have a hard time getting down under the trailer to actuate the valves and am considering upgrading to electric valves. I also have a Sanicon Turbo 400S I plan to install on the rear dump port.

Thanks
Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_151043.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	21513  
Boomer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:17 AM   #2
Boomer50

I found that all 3 valves were in fact, 3" valves. It makes since as the dump ports are 3" and going from a 3" port in the tank to a 1.5" reducer and then back to 3" would be overly complex.

I will be installing the Barker Auto Drain valves this weekend. I would like to combine all to a single dump port, but I am not sure that I could get the pipe to run over the axles. Even if I drop it to 1.5" from the galley tank.
Boomer50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, keystone, tank