Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2021, 04:46 PM   #41
RamminTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
I found my wire spliced with crimp nuts in behind the InCommand panel in the storage bay. Only the PV cable. No other modules or components. It then ran to the battery compartment. So, only the wire and roof port are what you'll get from factory.

Ok maybe that’s why I don’t have a sticker. In the video they allude to a remote cable which I thought would maybe come in by the display control and front compartment. Thanks! Extremely nice install, how are you liking it?
Old 06-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #42
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
8 Guage on mine. Works for my current situation. I tried to pull the factory through and up it to 8, but it's fastened in the wall somewhere. If you want to go upside, just run new wire a different route. My option was through the wall between the shower and bedroom. Not impossible, but they could have done better.
Thanks for checking. Mine too is 8ga. That's big enough for my needs. I have 320 watts of solar and two Battleborn batteries. I'm always recharged within the day. I think the 8ga could carry 30 amps of 14 volts. I guess if a guy wants to put in a big system they may have to drop bigger wire down from the roof. But I don't think that's what Keystone was shooting for when they decided to add the OTG wiring setup.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar