Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
DaleD

"Outdoor and More" Door

I have a 2005 Keystone Springdale 249BHL. My wife and I love the floorplan and have not experienced any issues that I've read here and across the internet with Keystones.

I do have a nagging "want" though. The "Outdoor and More" door is awful cheap and has a CH751 universal lock and key. My daughters sleep behind this door on the bunks and I want to have a normal entrance type door.

Our current door is a thin piece of plastic with a foam panel behind it held up by a thin aluminum frame. The newer Keystone "Outdoor and More" doors are heavy duty, normal entrance door frames and laminated with various materials giving a rigid normal entrance door feel and they have a normal door lock with normal door dead-bolt.

I would like to replace this cheap access door with a secure door. Keystone will not reply to my emails with options. I know they make the door, I see it on their newer units.

Any ideas on how to get one of these secure doors? I live in central California.

Thanks, DaleD
DaleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Firecapt

Check this site too!

Hi Dale,

I have a Cougar 289 EFS and while I have no answers for you on your problem you should try posting to http://www.keystone-camping.com too, since there are more Keystone owners who use this site.
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
twobuckmark

Bunk door

I would try your local Keystone dealer first they should be able to help you find what you are looking for

MARK
twobuckmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
kaine

i dont beleave the new door will fit in an 05 model ...slight difference in size i beleave however i will have to check for sure i still have prints from back then i can see if one is used in another model and maybe give some direction on how to get one
kaine is offline   Reply With Quote