Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2022, 03:59 PM   #1
RookRook

RT hand turn signal not working

Hello fellow RVer. I have a 2017 bullet premiere. I have been towing the trailer for 4 yrs with a 2007 toyota tundra The wife and I went on another camping trip. Before leaving home I checked the tail lights for braking, tail, hazard and turn signal lights. I found that the RT hand rear light for brake, hazard and turn signal wasn't working. The LT hand rear works great. I replaced the light bulb and still no turn and brake light. The tail light does work. Took the light bulb off the LT hand side and installed it on the RT hand side and tail light works only. I got the volt meter out and I am getting power to the receptacle. Also checked the trailer plug that connects to my truck. That checked good. And I also checked the truck fuse for towing and it wasn't burnt-out. Any thoughts, ideas or troubleshooting I should be doing. (LT light workd great tail, brake, hazard and turn signal work great)Thank you very much for your help and support.
Paul
RookRook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:34 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

When you say power to the receptical do you mean the light bulb socket? If so then I'd suspect corrosion in the socket. They are cheaply made and don't make great contact when new. Any greenish color on the copper contacts in the socket is corrosion.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:47 PM   #3
bsmith0404

You have power to the receptacle for the turn and brake signal or just for the taillight? It’s separate wires that provide that signal. Just want to make sure since you put a known hood bulb in. With a known hood bulb and proper power to the socket, no reason it shouldn’t work.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 05:14 PM   #4
RookRook

I just looked at the trailer plug and some of the prongs were dent enough to not make a connection. Dent them back into shape and I got light on all systems. Thank you very much for your help and support.
RookRook is offline   Reply With Quote