Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2022, 07:47 AM   #1
Jimisand

Propane Tanks... what exactly are they used for

Hello,

I am totally new to the trailer life... so please forgive me I just bought a 2013 Springdale 2600TB It seems like a good trailer. It was being sold by a car dealership, not an RV place. My fiance and I looked through it and she has had previous experience (years ago) with trailers. Everything seems to be in order. The sales rep didn't really go through much, and we never thought to double-check, but the propane tanks are now outdated. I believe they are 30 lb tanks.

My question is... what actually runs on propane? We are just getting a campsite and won't be moving in until 2023. It will be hooked up to 30 amp service. Once it's hooked up, doesn't everything run on electricity?

Is it worth buying a new propane tank, especially that size? The electricity will be $0.182 kw/h - They said roughly someone living it full time would get a bill for about $220 CAD at the halfway point of the season. We will only be in it on weekends and maybe 2 weeks for the whole summer.

Thank you so much,
Jimisand
Jimisand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, tank