Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
Midough51

Install inverter in high country

I have a new Highcountry with a Solarflex 200 system. I purchased a Xantrex 2000 XC Freedom inverter. I can find countless results telling me it is prepped for inverter and telling me how easy it is to install, but no actual instructions on how to install it. I have spent hours searching the web but with no results. Can anyone direct me or tell me how to install this? It is the same inverter that is usually installed with this system.
Midough51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:53 AM   #2
bsmith0404

I’ve never dealt with the solar system you have so can’t answer your question directly. Some additional information may help those who have/can. What do you plan to run off the inverter? Assuming you don’t have residential fridge or it would have come with an inverter. Do you just need a few outlets or are you planning to run a lot more?
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:34 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

https://www.keystonerv.com/solarflex-200-overview

Looks like the inverter will power up to 7 outlets. If you have a Romex “loop”, that’s where the inverter gets installed. Your inverter should have AC in, AC OUT and DC IN.

The AC IN will be the Romex that is energized by shore/gen power.

The AC OUT will be the Romex going to the outlets

The DC IN is the cables from the battery(s) to power the inverter. Make sure you size the cables depending on distance from battery(s).

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:52 PM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midough51 View Post
I have a new Highcountry with a Solarflex 200 system. I purchased a Xantrex 2000 XC Freedom inverter. I can find countless results telling me it is prepped for inverter and telling me how easy it is to install, but no actual instructions on how to install it. I have spent hours searching the web but with no results. Can anyone direct me or tell me how to install this? It is the same inverter that is usually installed with this system.
one of our member just installed a xc inverter …that has the built in charger..be advised that you will either have to disconnect your original converter charger or not hook up the xc charger function but may have some quirks with that as the other member said his fan cycles on and off annoyingly because it is looking for charge parameters..the freedom X 2000 doesn’t have a built in charger but the xc does
Old 08-17-2022, 02:58 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
one of our member just installed a xc inverter …that has the built in charger..be advised that you will either have to disconnect your original converter charger or not hook up the xc charger function but may have some quirks with that as the other member said his fan cycles on and off annoyingly because it is looking for charge parameters..the freedom X 2000 doesn’t have a built in charger but the xc does
Good info!!! I’ll have to commit that tidbit of information to my file.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:04 AM   #6
Superchief05

I don’ the know which model HC you have, but in my 372RD the Inverted “loop” is in the top of the front basement. It is a yellow romex wire. Mine has a black cover (similar to the one for the Solar Prep that says “inverter prep.” I am considering the Xantrex as well and I would mount it on the front wall of the basement close to the battery bay so you have less of a run for the DC wires. Here is an earlier thread about the AC loop with pictures of a Xantrex inverter installed and some schematics. Good Luck

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=50334
2019 Ford F-350SRW Andersen Ultimate Hitch
Superchief05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:14 PM   #7
Bob3569

Do you know if there’s a video out that gives step-by-step instructions on installing the inverter to the inverter prep wire? We took the inverter prep box off and we were surprised that there was just a looped wire. We’re not sure what to do with the looped wire.
Bob3569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:18 PM   #8
Superchief05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob3569 View Post
Do you know if there’s a video out that gives step-by-step instructions on installing the inverter to the inverter prep wire? We took the inverter prep box off and we were surprised that there was just a looped wire. We’re not sure what to do with the looped wire.
There is no video that I know of. What you will have to do is disconnect power to the trailer and then remove the plastic splice and separate the wires. Once separated strip a small portion from each end and then re-apply power. Use a multimeter to determine which wire is “hot”. Disconnect power and mark the hot wire. Once you know which wire is which, then follow the instructions for the inverter on how to connect the wires.
2019 Ford F-350SRW Andersen Ultimate Hitch
Superchief05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter