Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2022, 06:02 AM   #1
wrvond

Drawer slides

Didn’t take a bunch of pictures because the finished product doesn’t really look much different, thankfully.
The drawers in the bathroom cabinet were very difficult to use, so much so that the staples holding the support had pulled out and the drawers were sitting crooked. I resolved to replace the hardware with something stronger, smoother and self closing.
I replaced all the staples with screws and squared and plumbed everything up. I was able to delete the latching clips too since the drawers are now self closing.
The bathroom was a test to see if I could do it. Even though they work well enough as is, the four kitchen drawers will get the same upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76B0BF3D-57AC-43B5-9CFD-7255FB480845.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	41297  

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 06:20 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Nice. I’ve considered making a change to self closing on ours, so far in 10 years they all still work like new so not at the top of my priority list. It’s one of those mods that will happen when I’ve completed everything else I want to do.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 06:34 AM   #3
dutchmensport

Yep, yep, yep! I've had to re-enforce all the drawers in all my last 4 campers. (out of necessity when the first one collapsed.)

Tags
slide