Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2022, 07:56 PM   #1
P & T

Raptor 429 1st Trip

We put on 600+ miles the first two days with about 800 more to go. A couple of bugs to work out but nothing major so far.

Figuring out where to keep dishes vs. towels, etc. Plenty of storage for sure.

Having our evening dinners on the side patio is golden.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220724-214513_Gallery.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	40825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220724-214851_Gallery.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	443.4 KB
ID:	40826  
P & T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 08:09 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Great! Sounds like you're having fun. Don't know what you guys do with that hauler "space" and patio but spent last winter next to a couple with a rig like yours and it was completely rigged up for the DW's crafts, never seen anything like it. Walls had all kinds of stuff she used and on the nice days she was on the patio with a table and chair crafting away...pretty cool.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 08:30 PM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Great! Sounds like you're having fun. Don't know what you guys do with that hauler "space" and patio but spent last winter next to a couple with a rig like yours and it was completely rigged up for the DW's crafts, never seen anything like it. Walls had all kinds of stuff she used and on the nice days she was on the patio with a table and chair crafting away...pretty cool.
Back when we 1st went fulltime we considered a TH to do something similar for both our crafts. At that time to get a decent size garage the living area suffered greatly, very small kitchen area, the TV was mounted high above with all the seating 90 degrees to the TV so always looking up & sideways. At that time they didn't have the patio options or some of the nicer floorplans they have today.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 08:39 PM   #4
bsmith0404

Still hard to give up the living space of a rear living for a toy hauler, but we have seriously considered it for the convenience of taking the toys with. Gonna convert the car trailer to a toy hauler first and see how that works out. The swivel wheel is doing pretty well for the Harley so far. Prices right now are killing me, I just have trouble accepting the current market after selling them for 4 years. I might have to go back into sales so I can buy one for $100 over invoice.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 09:45 PM   #5
P & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
We haven't committed to any toys yet. We got it for the versatility of the garage and that's where we can set up a folding table to play board games, have dinner, etc. I'm trying to figure out brackets and bracing to maximize the volume of the 13' garage. Super sofa with comfortable indoor lounging plus the garage versatility sold us (after the side patio option).
NV is home but SD is where I'll be.
Old 07-25-2022, 09:47 PM   #6
P & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Back when we 1st went fulltime we considered a TH to do something similar for both our crafts. At that time to get a decent size garage the living area suffered greatly, very small kitchen area, the TV was mounted high above with all the seating 90 degrees to the TV so always looking up & sideways. At that time they didn't have the patio options or some of the nicer floorplans they have today.
The garage TV is useless, I agree, until the grandkids come along. The kitchen is enough but the two gated patios for the pups is huge.
Old 07-25-2022, 09:52 PM   #7
P & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Still hard to give up the living space of a rear living for a toy hauler, but we have seriously considered it for the convenience of taking the toys with. Gonna convert the car trailer to a toy hauler first and see how that works out. The swivel wheel is doing pretty well for the Harley so far. Prices right now are killing me, I just have trouble accepting the current market after selling them for 4 years. I might have to go back into sales so I can buy one for $100 over invoice.
I really wanted a front living room design but the side patio pushed it over the top. 3 nights so far, 3 different campgrounds, and all 3 evenings the side patio was used (no room for the rear to drop). The time it saves to not set up a full campsite is fabulous, plus the side patio, with lounge chairs, is an extension of our living space. Takes only 3 minutes to set up!
Old 08-20-2022, 06:35 PM   #8
P & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by P & T View Post
We put on 600+ miles the first two days with about 800 more to go. A couple of bugs to work out but nothing major so far.

Figuring out where to keep dishes vs. towels, etc. Plenty of storage for sure.

Having our evening dinners on the side patio is golden.
Finally back after a month. Plenty of miles and memories.

I have an appointment with the warranty department to fix a few things on Tuesday. Nothing catastrophic but annoying. I know of a few upgrades and tweaks I will be doing but will post separate threads there. There will be some garage and electrical mods for sure. I'll share pics in the coming months.

We covered 8 states and over 4,600 miles with about 117 hours of drive time.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:54 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Glad to hear your trip was a success. Looking forward to seeing the mods, post pics!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 03:04 AM   #10
Skillet173

Very nice. That’s the way to “break in” a new rig!

Got tired of "fighting stupid" (LEO) after 27 years and retired.
Active MX rider/racer, parent, sponsor, mechanic, transporter, and race fan for my son.
Skillet173 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raptor